This topic describes how to prepare for a migration job.
- Log on to the Linux-based FTP server and run the following command as a root user:
Enter the username and password.
- Run the following commands to view the amount and the number of files that you want
Size of files:
du -sh <directory_path>
Number of files:
find <directory_path> -type f | wc -lExample:
[root@ixxx /]# du -sh /root/a/b/c 181M /root/a/b/c [root@ixxx /]# find /root/a/b/c -type f | wc -l 38
Alibaba Cloud Object Storage Service (OSS)
- Create an OSS bucket
Create a destination OSS bucket to store the migrated data. For more information, see Create a bucket.
- Create and authorize a RAM user
- Log on to the RAM console.
- Choose .
- Select Console Password Logon and Programmatic Access, and then enter the required RAM user information.
- Click OK to save the generated RAM username, password, AccessKey ID, and AccessKey Secret.
- Find the RAM user, and click Add Permissions to grant the OSS read/write permission (AliyunOSSFullAccess) and Data Transport management permission (AliyunMGWFullAccess) to the RAM user. The following figure shows the authorization page.
- In the left-side navigation pane, select Overview, click the link in the RAM user logon section, and enter the username and password of the new RAM user to log on to the console.