DataWorks provides HoloStudio for you to connect to Hologres to perform interactive analytics. This topic describes how to bind a Hologres instance to an existing DataWorks workspace to query data from MaxCompute foreign tables in HoloStudio.
Purchase a Hologres instance
- Go to the Alibaba Cloud official website, click Log In in the upper-right corner, and then enter your account name and password.
- Move the pointer over Products in the top navigation bar and choose > Hologres (Interactive Analytics) to go to the product landing page of Hologres.
- Click Buy Now.
- On the buy page of Hologres, click the Subscription tab. On the Subscription tab, select a region and a computing resource specification, enter an instance name, and then click Buy Now.
Create a database in the Hologres console
After you purchase a Hologres instance, a database named postgres is created by default.
This database is allocated with a few resources and only used for management purposes. You can create a database based on your business requirements.
- Log on to the Hologres console and click in the left-side navigation pane. On the Hologres Instances page, click the name of the target Hologres instance to go to the details page.
- Click Create Database. In the Create Database dialog box, set Database Name, select Enable or Disable for SPM, and then click OK.. On the page that appears, click
Bind a Hologres instance to a DataWorks workspace
- Log on to the DataWorks console by using your Alibaba Cloud account.
- On the Workspaces page, click the name of the target workspace. On the page that appears, click DataStudio to enter DataStudio.Notice To bind a Hologres instance to a DataWorks workspace, make sure that they reside in the same region.
- Click in the upper-right corner to go to the configuration page of the workspace.
- In the Hologres. section, click
- On the Hologres tab, click Binding HologresDB. In the Binding HologresDB dialog box, set parameters as described in the following table.
Parameter Description Instance display name The display name of the computing engine instance. Access identity Specifies whether to use an Alibaba Cloud account or an authorized Resource Access Management (RAM) user to access the Hologres instance. Hologres instance name The Hologres instance to be bound to the DataWorks workspace. Select a purchased instance from the drop-down list.Note Make sure that the Hologres instance resides in the same region as the current DataWorks workspace. Database name The name of the database to be bound to the workspace. Test connectivity Check whether the database can be bound to the workspace.
- Click Confirm to bind the selected Hologres instance to the current DataWorks workspace.
- In DataStudio, click in the upper-left corner and choose HoloStudio. to go to
- In HoloStudio, Click the Refresh icon to display the Hologres database bound to the workspace. icon in the left-side navigation pane. On the page that appears, click the
- Use the Hologres database to query data from MaxCompute foreign tables in HoloStudio. For more information, see Create a foreign table to accelerate queries of MaxCompute data.