DataWorks provides Vertica Reader and Vertica Writer for you to read data from and write data to Vertica data sources. You can use the code editor to configure synchronization nodes for Vertica data sources.
- Go to the Data Source page.
- Log on to the DataWorks console.
- In the left-side navigation pane, click Workspaces.
- After you select the region where the required workspace resides, find the workspace and click Data Integration in the Actions column.
- In the left-side navigation pane of the Data Integration page, choose to go to the Data Source page.
- On the Data Source page, click Add data source in the upper-right corner.
- In the Add data source dialog box, click Vertica in the Big Data Storage section.
- In the Add Vertica data source dialog box, configure the parameters.
Parameter Description Data Source Name The name of the data source. The name can contain letters, digits, and underscores (_) and must start with a letter. Data source description The description of the data source. The description can be a maximum of 80 characters in length. Environment The environment in which the data source is used. Valid values: Development and Production.Note This parameter is displayed only when the workspace is in standard mode. JDBC URL The Java Database Connectivity (JDBC) URL of the database. Specify this parameter in the format of
jdbc:vertica://Server IP address:Port number/Database.
User name The username that is used to connect to the database. Password The password that is used to connect to the database.
- Set Resource Group connectivity to Data Integration.
- Find the desired resource group in the resource group list in the lower part of the
dialog box and click Test connectivity in the Actions column. A synchronization node can use only one type of resource group. To ensure that your synchronization nodes can be normally run, you must test the connectivity of all the resource groups for Data Integration on which your synchronization nodes will be run. If you want to test the connectivity of multiple resource groups for Data Integration at a time, select the resource groups and click Batch test connectivity. For more information, see Select a network connectivity solution.Note
- By default, the resource group list displays only exclusive resource groups for Data Integration. To ensure the stability and performance of data synchronization, we recommend that you use exclusive resource groups for Data Integration.
- If you want to test the network connectivity between the shared resource group or a custom resource group and the data source, click Advanced below the resource group list. In the Warning message, click Confirm. Then, all available shared and custom resource groups appear in the resource group list.
- After the data source passes the connectivity test, click Complete.