AnalyticDB for MySQL in combination with ApsaraDB RDS for MySQL provides a hybrid transaction/analytical processing (HTAP) solution based on the MySQL ecosystem for the flower sale business of Flowerplus. AnalyticDB for MySQL can quickly analyze large amounts of data. Crucial modules such as procurement, order analysis, marketing, and alerts are optimized based on analysis results to accelerate the growth and development of Flowerplus and its business.
Flowerplus involves flower procurement, sale, and logistics. It needs to use business intelligence (BI) reports to analyze the flower inventory, procurement channels, logistics progress, business conversion rates, alerts for sold out products, and large numbers of orders. Flowerplus requires real-time big data analysis. However, traditional MySQL databases are insufficient to meet such requirements.
- Performance of complex data queries
When traditional MySQL databases are used to analyze orders, product traffic, procurement, business conversion rates, and alerts for sold out products, queries become slow. If you attempt to use traditional MySQL databases to process tens of millions or hundreds of millions of data records, complex query reports are returned very slowly or may not be returned at all. Therefore, traditional MySQL databases cannot support reporting and BI business.
- Data timeliness
Some reports require that responses are returned within seconds.
- Data compatibility
The original system of Flowerplus contains MySQL database services such as ApsaraDB RDS for MySQL, Apsara PolarDB for MySQL, and Distributed Relational Database Service (DRDS). Flowerplus hopes that analysis and storage services can be compatible with the syntax of MySQL databases to reduce research and development costs.
- Storage space scalability
Flowerplus has generated hundreds of millions of data records in current reports and may generate over one billion of data records in the future. It hopes that analysis and storage services can be scaled flexibly.
To tackle the preceding challenges, Alibaba Cloud provides the following solution for Flowerplus.
- MySQL is replaced with AnalyticDB for MySQL and the online analytical processing (OLAP) system is used to analyze data. This accelerates the analysis of business and BI reports and ensures that responses are returned quickly. For more information, see What is AnalyticDB for MySQL?
- AnalyticDB for MySQL version 2.0 and version 3.0 are both compatible with the MySQL syntax. The architecture of AnalyticDB for MySQL version 3.0 is more compatible with MySQL databases than that of version 2.0.
- Node groups are scaled out to improve the concurrency and computing performance of AnalyticDB for MySQL. This ensures that responses are returned at a stable speed even as business reports increase in volume and queries grow in complexity.
The HTAP solution provides the following benefits for Flowerplus:
- Improves the data analysis efficiency and accelerates business optimization for Flowerplus based on the quick analysis capability of AnalyticDB for MySQL.
- Improves data analysis performance by up to 10 times when AnalyticDB for MySQL is used to analyze reports, improving business experience.
- Reduces increases in maintenance costs caused by increasing volumes of data and visit. AnalyticDB for MySQL uses an architecture that features multiple nodes. Compared with traditional relational databases, this architecture provides higher scalability and flexibility.