This topic describes how to switch an ApsaraDB RDS for MySQL instance from the subscription billing method to the pay-as-you-go billing method based on your business requirements.
- Your RDS instance uses the subscription billing method. For more information about the billing methods of ApsaraDB RDS, see Pricing, billable items, and billing methods.
- Your RDS instance is in the Running state.
- Your RDS instance does not use a phased-out instance type. For more information, see Primary instance types. If your RDS instance uses a phased-out instance type, you must change the instance type before you switch your RDS instance to the pay-as-you-go billing method.
After you switch your RDS instance to the pay-as-you-go billing method, a refund is returned based on the payment method that is used.
Refund = Fee actually paid - Fee for consumed resources
- The fee actually paid is the money that you paid and does not include the part that is covered by coupons or vouchers.
- The fee for consumed resources is calculated based on the following formula: Fee for
consumed resources = Daily fee x Consumed subscription duration x Discount for the
consumed subscription duration. The daily fee is equal to the order-specific fee divided
Note The consumed subscription duration is accurate to the day. The part that is less than one day is counted as one day.
When you switch your RDS instance to the pay-as-you-go billing method, the workloads on your RDS instance run as normal.
- Visit the RDS instance list, select a region above, and click the target instance ID.
- In the Status section of the Basic Information page, click Convert to Pay as you go.
- Confirm the configuration of your RDS instance, read and select Terms of Service, click Pay Now, and then complete the payment.
|Change billing method||Changes the billing method of an ApsaraDB RDS instance.|