By default, Cloud Config monitors all supported types of resources that belong to your Alibaba Cloud account. During initialization, Cloud Config scans all the resources. If you have other monitoring solutions, perform the following steps to specify the types of resources to be monitored by Cloud Config.
- You can configure the monitoring scope within an ordinary account. You cannot configure the monitoring scope within a management account and the member accounts in an account group.
- Cloud Config supports evaluation for some resource types. Cloud Config will support evaluation for more resource types. For more information about the resource types supported by Cloud Config, see Alibaba Cloud services that support Cloud Config.
- Log on to the Cloud Config console.
- In the left-side navigation pane, choose .
- On the Monitoring Scope page, click the Edit icon in the upper-right corner.
- Specify the types of resources to be monitored.
- If you select All Supported Resource Types, Cloud Config monitors all supported types of resources that belong to your Alibaba Cloud account. If a new service is integrated with Cloud Config, the resource type of the service is automatically added to the monitoring scope.
- If you select Custom Resource Types, you can specify the types of resources to be monitored. In this case, Cloud Config monitors only the specified types of resources that belong to your Alibaba Cloud account.
- Click OK.
- In the Email Verification dialog box, click Get Verification Code. Alibaba Cloud sends a verification code to the email address that is bound to your account.
- Enter the verification code in the Verification Code field and click OK.