This topic describes how to apply for a public endpoint in the ApsaraDB for ClickHouse console.
Machines that are deployed in different virtual private clouds (VPCs) cannot directly access each other by using VPC endpoints. To access an ApsaraDB for ClickHouse cluster by using a machine deployed in another VPC or in the Internet, you must apply for a public endpoint for the cluster. This way, the machine can connect to a database in the cluster.
- Use an Alibaba Cloud account to log on to the ApsaraDB for ClickHouse console.
- In the upper-left corner of the page, select the region where the cluster for which you want to apply for a public endpoint is deployed.
- On the Clusters page, click the ID of the cluster.
- On the Cluster Information page, click Apply for Public Endpoint in the Network Information section.
- In the Apply for Public Endpoint message, click OK to obtain a public endpoint. Note After the public endpoint is generated, you must also add client IP addresses used to access the ApsaraDB for ClickHouse cluster to a whitelist of the cluster. This way, you can use the public endpoint to access the ApsaraDB for ClickHouse cluster. For more information, see Configure a whitelist.