IP application acceleration is a four-layer acceleration feature developed by Alibaba Cloud. It provides acceleration services based on the private protocol of TCP/UDP. IP Application Accelerator (IPA) accelerates data transmission over networks, reduces latency, and improves the accessibility of applications. This topic describes how to activate the IP application acceleration service and add an IP application acceleration domain name.
Step 1: Apply to activate the IP application acceleration service
IP Application Acceleration currently does not support self-service activation. You need to submit a ticket activation or join the DingTalk group (32263208) consultation.
Step 2: Add an IP application acceleration domain name
- Log on to the DCDN console.
- Add a domain name to IPA.
- In the left-side navigation pane, click IP Application Accelerator.
- On the Domain Names tab, click Add Domain Name.
- On the Add Domain Name page, set the following parameters.
Step 1: Set the basic information about the origin server
Parameter Description Domain Name to AccelerateTake note of the following rules:
- The domain name to be accelerated can be a specific name or a wildcard domain name.
The domain name must be in lowercase letters. Chinese characters are not supported.
If the domain name is
example.com, the domain name to be accelerated can be a lower-level domain name of
example.com, for example,
- You can specify a wildcard domain name, such as
*.example.com. For more information about the rules for wildcard domain names, see Does DCDN support acceleration for wildcard domain names?.Note
- A wildcard domain name and the domain names that match the wildcard domain name must be added to DCDN by the same Alibaba Cloud account. The system checks the domain names when you add them to DCDN. If a wildcard domain name and the domain names that match the wildcard domain name are added to DCDN by different Alibaba Cloud accounts, an error message is returned. To request technical support from Alibaba Cloud, submit a ticket.
- If a wildcard domain is not added to DCDN, you can add the domain names that match the wildcard domain name to DCDN with different Alibaba Cloud accounts.
- You cannot add a duplicate domain name to DCDN.
If the DomainAlreadyExist error occurs, check whether the domain name is added to other Alibaba Cloud services such as ApsaraVideo VOD, ApsaraVideo Live, Alibaba Cloud CDN (CDN), Secure CDN (SCDN), and Video Surveillance System. You can submit a ticket to report this issue.
- Each Alibaba Cloud account can add at most 50 domain names to Alibaba Cloud CDN.
However, if the sum of the average daily peak bandwidth values of your domain names exceeds 50 Mbit/s, you can submit a ticket to add more domain names to Alibaba Cloud CDN. Make sure that the increase of domain names does not cause business risks.
- The content delivered from the domain name must be legal and comply with the Terms of Service for DCDN. For more information, see Limits.
Resource Groups Select Default Resource Group or a custom resource group. For more information about how to create a resource group, see Create a resource group. Business Type If you select IP Application Acceleration, you cannot modify the Business Type configuration. Protocol Type Select a TCP or a UDP agreement based on your actual service agreement. The protocol type cannot be changed after you select and submit it. Acceleration RegionThe acceleration region is the region where access acceleration is required. Currently, only mainland China is supported. However, the origin server can be deployed globally.
- A terminal in Mainland China accesses an origin site in Mainland China.
- A terminal in mainland China accesses a global (outside mainland China) origin site.
Step 2: Configure the origin serverIf you need to add multiple origin information, add multiple origin information according to the following table.
Parameter Description Type
If you select IP, you can enter the public IP address of the origin server in the IP field.
Enter the public IP addresses of one or more servers. Public IP addresses of Alibaba Cloud Elastic Compute Service (ECS) instances do not need to be reviewed.
- Site DomainIf you select Site Domain, you can enter the domain name of your origin server in the Domain Name field.Note The origin domain name cannot be the same as the accelerated domain name. Otherwise, a DNS resolution loop occurs, and requests cannot be redirected to the origin server.
You can set priorities to specify primary and secondary origin servers. The primary origin server has a higher priority than secondary origin servers. DCDN preferentially redirects requests to the primary origin server.
For example, if you set Origin Server A and B as the primary and secondary origin server, user requests are preferentially redirected to Origin Server A. If Origin Server A is down, user requests are redirected to Origin Server B until Origin Server A works as expected again.
If origin servers have the same priority, DCDN redirects requests to the origin servers based on their weights. This balances loads among the origin servers. The valid values of origin server weights are 1 to 100. A greater value indicates a higher priority. An origin server with a higher weight receives more user requests. The default weight is 10. You can specify a weight based on your business requirements.
For example, you have specified two origin servers: Server A and Server B, and both of them are primary origin servers. The weight of Server A is 80, and the weight of Server B is 20. In this case, DCDN redirects 80% of requests to Server A and 20% of requests to Server B.
PortThe custom acceleration port. The allowed port range is 1 to 65535. You can specify only one port. If you want to specify more ports, submit a ticket.Note
- Do not use the following ports:
22, 123, 161, 162, 179, 830, 2049, 2601, 2605, 3389, 5049, 7547, 8082, 8087, 8182, 8888, 9998, 15772, 15776, 15778, 15779, 18053, 18098, 18099, 18888, 19313, 19777, and 56667.
- If you want to use port 80 or port 443, submit a ticket to confirm whether they are supported.
- The domain name to be accelerated can be a specific name or a wildcard domain name. The domain name must be in lowercase letters. Chinese characters are not supported.
- Click Next. After the domain name is approved, the domain name is displayed in the IP Application Accelerator list. The status is displayed as Running. This indicates that the domain name has been added to DCDN. To enable IPA for the domain name, copy the Canonical Name (CNAME) that is assigned to the domain name, and add a CNAME record in the system of your DNS service provider to map the domain name to the CNAME. For more information, see Configure a CNAME record for a domain name.