This topic describes how to prepare for a migration.
Google Cloud Platform
- Estimate the amount of data to be migrated
- Restore the data in the bucket
To migrate data of the Archive storage class, you must restore the data before you create a migration job. Otherwise, the files that are not restored or being restored fail to be migrated. This is because Data Online Migration does not support the restore operation of archived files. For more information about how to restore archived data, see Solutions to migrate archived data.Note
- Before you create a source data address and a migration job, make sure the Archive data is restored.
- The time required to restore Archive data is based on the data volume. Therefore, you must estimate and specify a restoration duration so that data does not enter the archived state.
- You are charged when you restore archived files. For information about the billing methods, contact the service provider that offers the source data address.
- Create a private key of a service account that is used for migration.
- Log on to the IAM & Admin console.
- In the left-side navigation pane, click Service Accounts. Click the Select a project drop-down list on the top navigation bar. In the dialog box that appears, select the project in which the bucket resides.
- Click CREATE SERVICE ACCOUNT. In the wizard that appears, create a service account and grant the account the read
permissions on the bucket that stores the migrated data. In Step 3, click CREATE KEY, and select JSON as the key type. Click CREATE to save the JSON file to your local machine. Click CLOSE. Click DONE.
Note If you already have a service account, click the service account name and choose JSON as the key type and choose .. Select
Alibaba Cloud OSS
- Create a destination bucket.
Create a destination bucket to store the migrated data. For more information, see Create buckets.
- Create and authorize a Resource Access Management (RAM) user.
- Log on to the RAM console.
- In the left-side navigation pane, choose .
- Select Console Access and Programmatic Access, and then specify the required RAM user information.
- Save the new account, password, AccessKey ID, and AccessKey secret.
- Find the RAM user, and click Add Permissions in the Actions column. Grant the RAM user the read and write permissions on OSS (AliyunOSSFullAccess) and the management permissions on Data Transport (AliyunMGWFullAccess).
- In the left-side navigation pane, choose . On the page that appears, log on to the official website of Alibaba Cloud by using the credentials of the RAM user that you have created.