This topic describes the environment types supported by Data Management Service (DMS) and how to change the environment type of an instance.
- We recommend that you select the environment type of an instance based on the actual environment of the database registered as the instance.
- In security rules, an instance in the Security Collaboration mode requires no approval and less control in the test environment by default. However, the instance requires strict control in the production environment by default. You can modify the approval and control rules in a specific control mode as required. For more information about how to manage control modes, see Change the control mode of an instance.
DMS supports eight types of environments that can be divided into two categories: offline and online. The following table lists the environment types. You can change the environment types of an instance as required.
|Category||Environment type||Environment ID|
Change the environment type
- Log on to the DMS console V5.0.
- In the top navigation bar, choose . Note You can also find the database instance whose environment type you want to change in the left-side pane of the Home page, right-click the database instance, and select Edit.
- On the Instance List tab, find the database instance whose environment type you want to change and choose More > Edit in the Actions column.
- In the Edit dialog box, click Advanced Information.
- Select an environment type from the Environment type drop-down list as required. For more information about environment types, see Environment types.
- Click Submit.