If you enable automatic deployment for a dedicated host, the dedicated host is added to the resource pool of your Alibaba Cloud account for automatic deployment. When you create an Elastic Compute Service (ECS) instance, you do not need to specify a dedicated host. The system selects a dedicated host from the resource pool to deploy the instance. This improves deployment flexibility.
- Enable automatic deployment for the ECS instance. The system then selects a dedicated host from the resource pool to deploy the instance. For more information, see Automatic deployment.
- Specify a dedicated host when you create the instance. For more information, see Create one or more ECS instances on a dedicated host.
- Log on to the ECS console.
- In the left-side navigation pane, choose .
- In the top navigation bar, select a region.
- Select the dedicated host. On the Dedicated Host tab, choose > Modify DDH Info.
- In the Modify DDH Info dialog box, enable Automatic Deployment.
- Click OK.