Anti-DDoS Origin is offered in two editions: Anti-DDoS Origin Basic and Anti-DDoS Origin Enterprise. Anti-DDoS Origin Basic provides a protection capability of up to 5 Gbit/s for the Elastic Compute Service (ECS) instances, Server Load Balancer (SLB) instances, elastic IP addresses (EIPs), and Web Application Firewall (WAF) instances under your Alibaba Cloud account. It is enabled by default and free of charge. Anti-DDoS Origin Enterprise provides unlimited protection against DDoS attacks for all your assets. It is billed on a yearly subscription basis. Protection is provided after you purchase an Anti-DDoS Origin Enterprise instance.
Instance specifications of Anti-DDoS Origin Enterprise
By default, Anti-DDoS Origin Enterprise provides shared and unlimited protection. Unlimited protection provides defense against DDoS attacks. The unlimited protection capability is based on the total number of available resources and strengthens with the increase of the overall network capability of Alibaba Cloud. The increased protection capability is provided free of charge.
- Business Scale: specifies the scale of your business that you want to protect. The business scale is measured in bit/s based on the 95th percentile per month. Valid values: 100 Mbit/s, 300 Mbit/s, 500 Mbit/s, 800 Mbit/s, 1 Gbit/s, 1.5 Gbit/s, 2 Gbit/s, 2.5 Gbit/s, and 3 Gbit/s. For more information about how to determine your business scale, see Business scale estimation.
- IP Addresses: specifies the number of IP addresses that you want to protect. The default value is 100. Valid values range from 100 to 255.
Billing methods of Anti-DDoS Origin Enterprise
If you want to protect 100 IP addresses in a single region, the subscription fee for an Anti-DDoS Origin Enterprise instance in the region is calculated by using the following formula: Monthly unit price for the specific business scale × 12 (months) × Subscription duration (years)
If you want to protect more than 100 IP addresses in a single region, the subscription fee for an Anti-DDoS Origin Enterprise instance in the region is calculated by using the following formula: [Monthly unit price for the specific business scale + (Number of IP addresses that you want to protect - 100) × USD 30 per month] × 12 (months) × Subscription duration (years).
The following table lists the monthly unit prices for different business scales.
|Business scale||Unit price (USD per month)|
Business scale estimation
You can estimate a business scale or clean bandwidth by using the following method:
Sample inbound and outbound bandwidth at five-minute intervals. Calculate the average inbound and outbound bandwidth. Use the greater average value as the bandwidth of the sample point. At the end of each month, sort all sample points in descending order, ignore the top 5% of sample points, and use the first value of the remaining 95% of sample points is as the 95th percentile bandwidth.
Assume that the actual business bandwidth exceeds the clean bandwidth of an Anti-DDoS Origin Enterprise instance that you purchase.
Anti-DDoS Origin Enterprise allows your clean bandwidth to exceed the purchased business scale for a short period of time. If the period exceeds 36 hours, unlimited protection becomes invalid. Anti-DDoS Origin Enterprise imposes no limit on your clean bandwidth but provides only basic protection.
Anti-DDoS Origin instances do not support the 5-day money-back guarantee refund.
You can submit a ticket or contact your service manager to create an Anti-DDoS Origin Enterprise instance with custom specifications.