DataWorks is an end-to-end big data development and governance platform that provides data warehousing, data lake, and data lakehouse solutions based on big data compute engines, such as MaxCompute, Hologres, E-MapReduce (EMR), AnalyticDB, and CDH. Since 2009, DataWorks has been summarizing and improving the big data development methodology of Alibaba to support data mid-end building. DataWorks collaborates with public service sectors, state-owned enterprises, and customers in various industries, such as finance, retail, Internet, energy, and manufacturing, to improve data application efficiency and facilitate the digital transformation of industries.
- Recommended configurations
- Recommendation reasons
- Features: We recommend that you activate DataWorks Professional Edition. This edition provides features such as DataStudio, Operation Center, DataMap, and Data Quality and can meet your requirements for standard data warehouse building.
- Resources: We recommend that you purchase exclusive resource groups for Data Integration. You can use this type of resource group in synchronization solutions such as batch synchronization, real-time synchronization, full synchronization, and incremental synchronization.
Customer use cases
- Big Data Center of State Grid Corporation of China (SGCC): DataWorks helped achieve centralized management of petabytes of data for SGCC and 27 subordinate provincial and municipal corporations. DataWorks also helped SGCC accelerate the digital transformation and upgrade of business by using the end-to-end governance and monitoring systems for data mid-ends.
- Mondelēz International (Fortune Global 500): Mondelēz China used DataWorks Data Modeling to perform end-to-end data model governance. This helped Mondelēz China significantly improve the self-service capability of data mid-ends, delegate data-related decision making, and unleash the digital power of the new retail industry.
- iDreamSky (a listed company): iDreamSky replaced the self-developed scheduling system with DataWorks based on open source EMR, which enabled technical personnel in the company to focus more on business and facilitated digital operations of the gaming industry.
Development history of DataWorks within Alibaba Group
Development history of DataWorks on the cloud
Support for DataWorks
You can visit Alibaba Cloud Support and Services to submit a ticket for after-sales services or join the DataWorks DingTalk group for pre-sales or after-sales services. If you join the DingTalk group, you can directly contact the DingTalk chatbot or contact on-duty technical personnel.