After you develop code, you must debug the code. This topic describes how to perform smoke testing in the development environment.
To ensure that the node you created can be run as expected, we recommend that you perform smoke testing before you deploy the node. If you configure scheduling parameters for a node, you can perform smoke testing on the node to check whether the scheduling parameters work as expected.
Go to the DataStudio page
- Log on to the DataWorks console.
- In the left-side navigation pane, click Workspaces.
- In the top navigation bar, select the region in which the desired workspace resides. Find the workspace and click DataStudio in the Actions column.
Enable the Force smoke testing feature
- In the lower-right corner of the left-side navigation pane of DataStudio, click the icon.
- On the Settings page, click the Security Settings and Others tab. In the Smoke Testing section, turn on Force smoking test.
Perform smoke testing
After you develop code, you can use one of the following methods to perform smoke testing before you deploy and run a node:
- Method 1: When you commit a node, click the icon in the toolbar of the configuration tab of the node. In the Commit Node dialog box, select Yes for Smoke Testing.
- Method 2: After you commit a node, click the icon in the toolbar of the configuration tab of the node. In the Smoke Testing dialog box, configure the Data Timestamp parameter and click OK.
- Method 3: After you commit a node, click Deploy in the toolbar of the configuration tab of the node. On the Create Deploy Task page, click Smoke Testing in the Actions column.
- Method 4: In the upper part of the DataStudio page, click Operation Center. In the upper-left corner of the Operation Center page, switch to the development environment. In the left-side navigation pane, choose . In the right-side canvas, right-click the desired node and select Test. In the Test dialog box, click OK.
Configure smoke testing parameters
View smoke testing records
- On the configuration tab of the desired node, click the icon in the toolbar to go to the Smoking Testing Records page. Note
- If you use Method 1 to perform smoke testing, you can perform this step to view smoke testing records.
- If you use Method 2 to perform smoke testing, you can view the smoke testing records in the View Smoke Testing Records dialog box. The dialog box appears after you perform smoke testing.
- You can also click Smoke Testing Records in the left-side navigation pane to view the smoke testing records. If the Smoke Testing Records module is not displayed in the left-side navigation pane, you can add the module. For more information, see Adjust the displayed DataStudio modules.
- On the Smoke Testing Records page, you can view information such as Tested At, Version, Tested By, and Data Timestamp. You can select Initiated in DataStudio to view the smoke testing records that are triggered on the DataStudio page. Note If you select Initiated in DataStudio, the displayed smoke testing records do not include the smoke testing instances that are run in the development environment on the Operation Center page.
- On the Smoke Testing Records page, you can click View Logs in the Actions column to view the execution details of a specific smoke testing instance. You can click Stop in the Actions column to stop a smoke testing instance for which the value of Status is Running.