This topic describes how to publish an API that is created or registered in DataService Studio to API Gateway and publish the API to Alibaba Cloud Marketplace.
You can publish APIs that are created or registered in DataService Studio to API Gateway, on which you can perform a variety of management operations. For example, you can manage permissions, configure bandwidth throttling, configure access control, and measure usage for APIs. After you create or register APIs in DataService Studio, you must publish the APIs to API Gateway before the APIs can be called by other users or in your own applications. DataService Studio is integrated with API Gateway to allow you to publish APIs to API Gateway with a few clicks.
Publish an API to API Gateway
- Go to the DataService Studio page.
- Log on to the DataWorks console.
- In the left-side navigation pane, click Workspaces.
- In the top navigation bar, select the region in which the workspace that you want to manage resides. Find the workspace and click DataService Studio in the Actions column.
- On the Service Development tab, double-click the API that you want to publish in the API list.
- On the configuration tab of the API, click the icon in the toolbar. After the API is configured, you can test it. For more information, see Test an API.The system creates a group in API Gateway with the same name as the API group in DataService Studio to which the API belongs, and publishes the API to this group.
- After the test succeeds, click Submission in the upper-right corner. In the right-side navigation pane of the API configuration tab, click Version. Find the API version that you want to publish and click Application for publication in the Actions column to go to the application page. Use the default application type Publish data service API and enter the reason for the application in the Reason for application field. Then, click Apply for permission to submit the application.Note If you have defined an approval policy in DataWorks Approval Center, the API must be approved through the approval process before the API can be published. For more information, see Overview.
- After the application is approved, click Version in the right-side navigation pane of the API configuration tab. Find the approval record and click Publish in the Actions column.
After the API is published, you can go to the API Gateway console to view API details or configure bandwidth throttling and access control for the API.
If you need to call the API in your own application, create the application and authorize the application to use the API in the API Gateway console. Then, call the API in your application by signing the API request with the AppKey and AppSecret. For more information, see Call an API. API Gateway also provides SDKs for mainstream programming languages. You can use the SDKs to integrate APIs with your application. For more information, see SDK downloading and usage guide.
Publish an API to Alibaba Cloud Marketplace
The API sector of Alibaba Cloud Marketplace provides thousands of API products in the following categories: finance, AI, e-commerce, transportation and geography, living services, corporate management, and public affairs. Alibaba Cloud Marketplace provides a platform in which you can monetize your data.
After you publish APIs that are created or registered in DataService Studio to API Gateway, you can publish them to Alibaba Cloud Marketplace with a few clicks. This is an easy way to achieve financial gains for your enterprise.
Before you publish an API to Alibaba Cloud Marketplace, you must register with Alibaba Cloud Marketplace as an independent software vendor (ISV).
- Log on to the ISV portal of Alibaba Cloud Marketplace.
- In the left-side navigation pane, click .
- Click Create Product.
- On the Access Information page, set the parameters as required.