The OpenEvent module allows you to subscribe to event messages. This way, you can receive notifications about various change events in DataWorks and respond to the events based on your configurations at the earliest opportunity. For example, you can subscribe to table change events to receive notifications about the changes to core tables in real time. You can also subscribe to node change events to customize a dashboard that displays the status of real-time synchronization nodes. This topic describes how the OpenEvent module works and how to configure subscription to event messages.
- The OpenEvent module is in public preview for users of DataWorks Enterprise Edition and DataWorks Ultimate Edition, and is available in the following regions: China (Beijing), China (Hangzhou), China (Shenzhen), China (Shanghai), China (Zhangjiakou), China (Chengdu), US (Silicon Valley), US (Virginia), Germany (Frankfurt), Japan (Tokyo), China (Hong Kong), and Singapore (Singapore).
- The OpenEvent module allows you to use EventBridge to subscribe to and consume messages. Therefore, you must activate EventBridge. For more information, see What is EventBridge?.
- Only an Alibaba Cloud account or a RAM user to which the AliyunDataWorksFullAccess policy is attached can be used to configure parameters to subscribe to and consume event messages in the DataWorks console. For more information about permission control by fine-grained RAM policies, see Custom RAM policies: fine-grained permission control for console operations.
Supported event types
- Regular events: You can only subscribe to this type of event.
- Extension point events: You can subscribe to this type of event, and use an extension provided by DataWorks to customize your responses to the event messages that you receive.
|Service module||Event category||Event description and type||Example|
|Operation Center||Instance status change events||
||An instance status change event is triggered when the status of an auto triggered node instance changes from Not running to Running or from Running to Run failed.|
|Node change events||Description: the event that is triggered by the changes to a node in Operation Center in the production environment. Types: regular events and extension point events.||
Note The nodes here refer to the auto triggered nodes that are displayed on the Cycle Task page of Operation Center in the production environment.
|Data backfill events||
|Monitoring and alerting||Alert events||
|DataStudio||File change events||
|Table change events||
|Data Governance||Approval Center events||
To use the OpenEvent module, you must complete the following configurations:
- In the EventBridge console, activate EventBridge and create a custom bus.
- Enable the message subscription feature and add an event distribution channel in DataWorks.
- Configure the custom bus in the EventBridge console.
- Publish events in the EventBridge console. For more information, see Publish an event.
- Low O&M costs:
After you enable the message subscription feature in DataWorks, you can easily subscribe to important DataWorks events.
- Improved message publishing and receiving efficiency:
You need to only configure the parameters for message subscription and make preparations for SDK development. This reduces and simplifies manual operations.
- Fulfillment of various needs:
You can subscribe to various types of DataWorks events. This allows you to identify important DataWorks changes and respond to the changes at the earliest opportunity.