The Db2 data source provided by Alibaba Cloud DataWorks is a data hub that allows you to read data from or write data to a Db2 database by using Db2 Reader or Db2 Writer. Before you read data from or write data to a Db2 database, you must add the Db2 database to DataWorks. Then, you can use the codeless user interface (UI) or code editor to configure a data sync node to read data from or write data to the Db2 database. This topic describes how to add a Db2 data source.
You must use a resource group for Data Integration to run the data sync node. When you add a Db2 data source, you must test the connectivity between the data source and the resource group to ensure that the resource group can connect to the data source. We recommend that you use an exclusive resource group for Data Integration. For more information, see Exclusive resource groups for Data Integration.
- Go to the Data Source page.
- Log on to the DataWorks console.
- In the left-side navigation pane, click Workspaces.
- After you select the region where the required workspace resides, find the workspace and click Data Integration in the Actions column.
- In the left-side navigation pane of the Data Integration page, choose to go to the Data Source page.
- On the Data Source page, click Add data source in the upper-right corner.
- In the Add data source dialog box, click DB2 in the Relational Database section.
- In the Add DB2 data source dialog box, set the parameters.
Parameter Description Data Source Name The name of the data source. The name can contain letters, digits, and underscores (_) and must start with a letter. Data source description The description of the data source. The description can be up to 80 characters in length. Environment The environment in which the data source is used. Valid values: Development and Production.Note This parameter is available only when the workspace is in standard mode. JDBC URL The Java Database Connectivity (JDBC) URL of the Db2 database, in the format of
User name The username that is used to connect to the Db2 database. Password The password that is used to connect to the Db2 database.
- Test network connectivity.
- Click the Data Integration tab.
- Select the resource group that you want to use.
- We recommend that you use an exclusive resource group for Data Integration. If you do not have an exclusive resource group for Data Integration, you can click Create Exclusive Resource Group for Data Integration to purchase one by following the on-screen instructions.
- If you want to use a custom resource group, click Advanced to view these resource groups and select the resource group that you want to use.
- Find the resource group that you want to use and click Test connectivity in the Actions column. A sync node uses only one resource group for Data Integration. If you want to test the network connectivity between multiple types of resource groups and the data source, you can select the resource groups and click Batch test connectivity.
- After the data source passes the connectivity test, click Complete.