If the backup source of a backup schedule does not meet your requirements, you can modify the backup source of the backup schedule. After you specify a new backup source, the backup schedule generates tasks to back up data for the new backup source. This topic describes how to modify the backup source of a backup schedule.
- A backup schedule that uses the logical backup method is created. For more information about the logical backup method, see Logical backups.
- A database account is created to connect to the new backup source.
- Log on to the Database Backup (DBS) console. In the left-side navigation pane, click Backup Schedules. The Backup Schedules page appears.
- Find the backup schedule that you want to manage and click Manage in the Actions column. The Configure Task page appears.
- In the Basic Information section, click Edit Backup Source. Specify a new backup source based on your business requirements. The following table
describes the backup sources that are supported for logical and physical backups.
- Click Next.
What to do next
The new backup source takes effect only after you modify the backup objects of the backup schedule and click Save.