Database Backup (DBS) allows you to configure automatic access to a data source. This topic describes how to configure automatic access to ApsaraDB RDS instances. If your ApsaraDB RDS instances support the sandbox instance that is provided by DBS, DBS creates a backup schedule that supports the sandbox feature for free.
- ApsaraDB RDS for MySQL
If your ApsaraDB RDS instances use local SSDs, DBS creates a backup schedule that supports the sandbox feature for free. You can get a free trial of the sandbox feature in the backup schedule. You are not charged for backup, storage, networking, or sandboxing in the backup schedule.
For more information about how to use the sandbox feature, see Create a sandbox instance for the emergency disaster recovery of a self-managed database.
- ApsaraDB RDS for SQL Server
- ApsaraDB RDS for PostgreSQL
- ApsaraDB RDS for MariaDB TX
- ApsaraDB RDS for PPAS
- In the left-side navigation pane, click Data Source. On the Data Source page, select a region in the top navigation bar. Note After you enable automatic access, DBS connects to the ApsaraDB RDS instances only in the current region.
- Click Automatic access to the data source.
- Turn on Automatic access. In the Access to the data source section, select database engines. Note If the automatic access switch has been turned on, you do not need to manually turn on it again on the page. If the automatic access switch has been turned off, you must manually turn on it again on the page.
- Click OK.
DBS connects to the ApsaraDB RDS instances in the current region. This process takes about 2 to 3 minutes. The actual time required depends on the number of instances to connect.Note
- DBS also connects to the new ApsaraDB RDS instances in the current region.
- You can delete an ApsaraDB RDS instance to which DBS automatically connects in the following way: Turn off the automatic access switch, select the ApsaraDB RDS instance, and then click OK. If you delete an ApsaraDB RDS instance, DBS does not automatically reconnect to the ApsaraDB RDS instance. However, you can manually add the ApsaraDB RDS instance. For more information, see Add a data source
- On the Data Source page, click the icon. The connected ApsaraDB RDS instances are displayed.
What to do next
Before you start a backup schedule, you must configure the account and password that are used to log on to a specific database after you configure automatic access to ApsaraDB RDS instances. For more information, see Configure the account and password for a data source and Back up one or more databases.