Data transfer plans are easy to use and cost-effective. A data transfer plan takes effect immediately after you complete the payment. After a data transfer plan takes effect, it automatically offsets the fees for the following resources: Elastic Compute Service (ECS) instances, elastic IP addresses (EIPs), Classic Load Balancer (CLB) instances, and EIP bandwidth plans that use IPv4 and billed on a pay-by-data-transfer basis.When a data transfer plan is exhausted or expires, it can no longer be used to offset data transfer fees.
- Each Alibaba Cloud account can own at most 70 data transfer plans that have not expired. You cannot increase the quota. When you purchase a data transfer plan, specify the size of the data transfer plan based on your actual needs.
- When you purchase a data transfer plan, you must specify the area where the data transfer plan is applied. Each area consists of different regions. The following table describes the areas and regions that support data transfer plans.
|Chinese mainland||China (Qingdao), China (Beijing), China (Zhangjiakou), China (Hohhot), China (Ulanqab), China (Hangzhou), China (Shanghai), China (Shenzhen), China (Heyuan), and China (Guangzhou)|
|China (Hong Kong)||China (Hong Kong)|
|Regions outside the Chinese mainland||Australia (Sydney), US (Virginia), US (Silicon Valley), Germany (Frankfurt), Singapore (Singapore), Malaysia (Kuala Lumpur), India (Mumbai), UK (London), Indonesia (Jakarta), and Japan (Tokyo)|
- Log on to the Alibaba Cloud Management Console and open the Data Transfer Plan buy page.
- On the buy page, set the required parameters of the data transfer plan, click Buy Now, and then complete the payment. The following table describes the parameters.
Parameter Description Traffic Package Size Specify the size of the data transfer plan.
The sizes that you can select depend on the subscription duration of the data transfer plan. For more information, refer to the buy page.
Plan Specify the area to which the data transfer plan is applied.
- China mainland: The data transfer plan is applied to regions within the Chinese mainland.
- Hong Kong: The data transfer plan is applied to the China (Hong Kong) region.
- Overseas: The data transfer plan is applied to regions outside China.
Expiry Date Specify the subscription duration of the data transfer plan. Valid values:
You cannot request a refund for data transfer plans that have expired. After a data transfer plan expires, the remaining amount of data transfer is cleared and cannot be transferred to other data transfer plans.
Quantity Specify the number of data transfer plans that you want to purchase.