This topic describes how to increase the number of nodes in a Container Service for Kubernetes (ACK) cluster by scaling out a node pool in the ACK console.
- You cannot increase the number of master nodes in an ACK cluster.
- If you want to enhance the security of nodes that are added to a node pool, select Security Reinforcement when you create the node pool. For more information, see Create a node pool.
- You cannot modify node pool parameters when the node pool is being scaled. For more information about how to modify the parameters, see Modify a node pool.
- Log on to the ACK console.
- In the left-side navigation pane of the ACK console, click Clusters.
- On the Clusters page, find the cluster that you want to expand and choose in the Actions column.
- On the Node Pools page, select the node pool that you want to scale out and click Scale in the Actions column.
- Set Expected Nodes and click Confirm. In the Confirm Scaling message, click Confirm. Auto Scaling automatically performs scale-out activities. For more information about the Expected Nodes parameter, see Modify the expected number of nodes in a node pool.On the Node Pools page, check the status of the node pool. If Scaling Out is displayed in the Status column, the scale-out activity is in progress. After the scale-out activity is completed, Active is displayed in the Status column.