Access credentials ensure the secure upload and download of container images and Helm charts. This topic describes how to configure an access credential for a Container Registry Enterprise Edition instance.
Access credentials are independent of Alibaba Cloud accounts and passwords. Access credentials are available in two types:
- Password: A password is valid permanently. Keep it safe. If the password is lost, you can reset it.
- Temporary token: A temporary token is valid for an hour. If the temporary token is obtained by using Security Token Service (STS), the temporary token is valid so long as the STS token is valid.
- Log on to the Container Registry console.
- In the top navigation bar, select a region.
- In the left-side navigation pane, click Instances.
- On the Instances page, click the required Container Registry Enterprise Edition instance.
- On the management page of the Container Registry Enterprise Edition instance, choose in the left-side navigation pane.
- On the Access Credential page, click Set Password.
- In the Set Password dialog box, enter the password and confirm the password. Then, click Confirm.
- Optional:For more information about how to set a temporary token, see GetAuthorizationToken.
What to do next
- Configure access over the Internet or virtual private clouds (VPCs). For more information, see Configure access over the Internet or Configure access over VPCs.
- Use the access credential to log on to the Container Registry Enterprise Edition instance.
docker login <Name of the Container Registry Enterprise Edition instance>-registry.<Region where the Container Registry Enterprise Edition instance resides>.cr.aliyuncs.com