The CloudSSO directory is the CloudSSO instance. Before you can use CloudSSO, you must create the CloudSSO directory. The directory is used to manage all CloudSSO resources.
To create the CloudSSO directory, you must select a region. Alibaba Cloud stores data in the directory only in the region that you select. However, you can deploy Alibaba Cloud resources including Elastic Compute Service (ECS) instances and ApsaraDB RDS instances in other regions. You can also use your cloud account for logons and access the Alibaba Cloud resources in other regions.
You can select a region to create the CloudSSO directory based on your security compliance requirements and the geographic location of specific users. If you do not have strict security compliance requirements, we recommend that you select a region that is the closest to the geographical location of the specific users. This way, access to cloud resources is accelerated.
You can create the CloudSSO directory in the China (Shanghai), China (Hong Kong), US (Silicon Valley), or Germany (Frankfurt) region.
- A management account can be used to create only one directory.
- If you want to change the region of a directory, you must delete the directory and then create a directory in a different region.
- The directory name must be globally unique.
- Log on to the CloudSSO console.
- In the top navigation bar, select a region.
- Click Create Directory.
- In the Create Directory panel, enter the directory name and click OK. When you create the directory, the service-linked role AliyunServiceRoleForCloudSSO is created. CloudSSO assumes this role to access some of your cloud resources.