After you create an application group, you can view the resources, dashboards, fault list, and availability monitoring tasks of the application group. An application group provides centralized resource management that allows you to receive alert notifications and handle faults at the earliest opportunity.
- Log on to the CloudMonitor console.
- In the left-side navigation pane, click Application Groups.
- On the Application Group tab, click the name of the application group that you want to manage. The Group Overview page consists of the following sections: Basic Information, Associated Cloud Services, and Others.
- In the left-side navigation pane of the current application group, you can view more
details about the application group from the following modules: Group Resources, Dashboards, Fault List, Availability Monitoring, Group Process, System Event, Custom Event, Log Monitoring, Custom Monitoring, Alert History, Alert Rules, and Business Monitoring.
Feature Description Group Resource
You can view and manage the resources of the application group.
You can view the monitoring details of the resources. By default, the Dashboards page displays the monitoring data of the metrics frequently used in CloudMonitor. You can change monitoring charts and create custom metrics based on your business requirements.To change monitoring charts and create custom metrics, click Add Monitoring Chart on the Custom Chart tab.Note If you need to monitor the metrics of Elastic Compute Service (ECS) instances, install the CloudMonitor agent on the ECS instances. For more information, see Install and uninstall the CloudMonitor agent for C++.
Fault ListYou can view all the resources that have active alerts. This allows you to query all unhealthy instances and handle faults at the earliest opportunity.Note
- If multiple metrics of a resource trigger alerts, the Fault List page displays multiple entries for the resource. Each entry in the list indicates a metric of a resource that triggers alerts.
- If you disable an alert rule that has active alerts, the entries for the resources to which the alert rule is applied are no longer displayed on the page.
You can view, create, modify, delete, enable, or disable availability monitoring tasks.
You can view, create, modify, or delete processes.
You can view system events, and create, delete, or modify alert rules for the events. You can view the events that are reported in the last 90 days.
You can view custom events, and create, delete, or modify alert rules for the events. You can view the events that are reported in the last 90 days.
You can view, create, modify, or delete log monitoring metrics.
You can view all custom monitoring records and create or delete alert rules.
You can view all alerts that are triggered based on the alert rules.
You can view, disable, enable, or modify the alert rules.
You can view Prometheus monitoring data, on-premises log monitoring data, Log Service log monitoring data, and custom monitoring data. You can also create metric import tasks, alert rules, and dashboards based on your business requirements.