A cloud box deployed in your data center connects the on-premises network to the cloud over a Smart Access Gateway (SAG) device or an Express Connect circuit. This topic describes the billing of the network bandwidth resources used by a cloud box.
- Connection over an SAG deviceBy default, an SAG device is provided in a cloud box. To use the SAG device, you need to purchase bandwidth resources for the SAG device and pay for the bandwidth fees. You are charged based on the unit price, value, and subscription duration of the purchased SAG bandwidth. Formula: Fees for SAG bandwidth = Unit price of bandwidth × Bandwidth value × Subscription duration.
- Unit price: View the unit price of bandwidth in the CloudBox console.
- Minimum purchase bandwidth: 10 Mbit/s
- Scaling step size: 10 Mbit/s
- Maximum bandwidth: 500 Mbit/s
- Subscription duration: Bandwidth is purchased on a yearly basis. If you purchase a cloud box for the first time, the initial subscription duration must be three or five years.
- Connection over an Express Connect circuit
Express Connect circuits are deployed by Internet service providers (ISPs). You need to separately purchase Express Connect circuits. The fees for Express Connect circuits are not included in the bill of CloudBox. For more information, see Billing.
- All Upfront: You must make a one-time full payment at the time of purchase.
- Half Upfront: You can pay 50% of the fees first, and then equally pay the rest by month.
After you accept the purchased cloud box, Alibaba Cloud generates bills on the first day of each month based on the remaining unpaid fees and subscription duration. The amount of each monthly bill is the same. Make sure that you have sufficient balance within your account to pay the bills at the earliest opportunity. If you do not pay the bills within seven calendar days after you receive the bills, your cloud box cannot provide services normally.