This topic describes how to create an ApsaraDB ClickHouse cluster.
- Log on to the ApsaraDB for ClickHouse console.
- On the Clusters page, click Create Cluster.
- Specify Billing Method. In this example, a subscription cluster is created.
Billing Method Scenario Subscription The subscription billing method is a payment plan in which you pay a subscription fee when you purchase a cluster. The subscription billing method is more cost-effective than the pay-as-you-go billing method for long-term use. You can enjoy a greater discount for a longer subscription duration. Pay-as-you-go The pay-as-you-go billing method is a payment plan in which the system generates a bill each hour and deducts the amount from the balance of your Alibaba Cloud account based on the cluster specifications. This billing method is cost-effective for business scenarios that require access to resources for short periods of time, such as testing. You can release a pay-as-you-go cluster as needed to reduce costs. When you can accurately estimate the amount of resources that you need each month or each year, you can change the billing method from pay-as-you-go to subscription.
- Set the following parameters based on the on-screen instructions that are displayed.
Parameter Description Example Region and Zone The region where you want to create a cluster. After the cluster is created, the region cannot be changed. To ensure fast access, we recommend that you select a region that is nearest to the location of your business. China, China (Hangzhou) Zone A zone is an independent physical location in a region. No substantial differences exist between different zones in the same region. Hangzhou Zone H Network Type Only a virtual private cloud (VPC) is supported. The VPC is an isolated network environment that provides enhanced security. VPC VPC The VPC in which you want to create the cluster. If no VPC is available, go to the VPC console to create a VPC. vpc-bp175iuvg8nxqraf2**** VSwitch The vSwitch in the specified VPC. If no vSwitch is available, go to the VPC console to create a vSwitch. vsw-bp1gzt31twhlo0sa5**** Kernel Version The version number that corresponds to the version number released by the open source community. 20.8 Edition
- Single-replica Edition: For ApsaraDB for ClickHouse Single-replica Edition, a shard has no replica. If a shard in a cluster fails, the entire cluster becomes unavailable. The cluster can provide stable services only after the shard is recovered.
- Double-replica Edition: For ApsaraDB for ClickHouse Double-replica Edition, a shard has a replica. If a shard fails, its replica can take over services from the failed shard.
- The number of resources that are required by an ApsaraDB for ClickHouse cluster of the Double-replica Edition is twice the number of resources that are required by an ApsaraDB for ClickHouse cluster of the Single-replica Edition. An ApsaraDB for ClickHouse cluster of the Double-replica Edition costs twice as much as an ApsaraDB for ClickHouse cluster of the Single-replica Edition.
- An ApsaraDB for ClickHouse cluster of the Single-replica Edition uses highly reliable disks to help prevent data loss.
Double-replica Edition Specification The CPU and memory of a single node. 4 Cores, 16 GB Nodes The number of nodes. 1 Storage Type The type of disks. Scenarios of different types of disks:
- Enhanced SSD
- Large online transaction processing (OLTP) databases: relational databases, such as MySQL, PostgreSQL, Oracle, and SQL Server databases
- NoSQL databases: non-relational databases, such as MongoDB, HBase, and Cassandra databases
- Elasticsearch distributed logs: Elasticsearch, Logstash, and Kibana (ELK) log analysis
- Ultra disk
- Development and testing
- System disk
ESSD PL1 (Recommended) Encryption Type Specifies whether to enable disk encryption. After disk encryption is enabled, data disks are encrypted based on block storage, and cannot be decrypted even if backup data is leaked. For more information, see Disk encryption. Disk Encryption Service-linked Role If you set Encryption Type to Disk Encryption, you must assign a service-linked role to the service. This way, the service can access other cloud services. Created Encryption Key If you set Encryption Type to Disk Encryption, you must configure an encryption key. If a Key Management Service (KMS) key is not created in the current region, go to the KMS console to create a KMS key. 0d2470df-da7b-4786-b981-9a164dae**** Storage Capacity The storage capacity of a single node. Total storage capacity = Number of nodes × Storage capacity of a single node 100 GB Subscription Period If you set Billing Method to Subscription, you must specify the subscription duration. 1 Month Auto-renewal If Billing Method is set to Subscription, you can select auto-renewal as needed. If you did not select Auto-renewal when you created the cluster, you can perform automatic or manual renewal in the Billing Management console. For more information, see Renewal. Select Auto-renewal.
- Click Buy Now.
- On the Confirm Order page, view the configuration details, select Terms of Service, and then click Activate Now. After the cluster is created, you can select the region of the cluster on the Clusters page to view the new ApsaraDB ClickHouse cluster.