After a subscription bastion host expires, the functionality of the bastion host is affected. If you want to continue using the bastion host, you must renew the bastion host within the specified period of time. Otherwise, the bastion host is automatically released, and the data on the bastion host is permanently lost. This topic describes the methods that are used to renew bastion hosts.
You are notified of expiration and renewal by email or text message seven days before the expiration date. After your bastion host expires, the configurations of the bastion host are retained for another seven days. If you renew the bastion host within seven days, the bastion host continues to protect your assets. If you do not renew your bastion host within seven days after the expiration date, the bastion host is released. As a result, you cannot use the bastion host to perform O&M operations.
|Manual renewal||You can manually renew your bastion host in the Bastionhost console at any time before the bastion host is automatically released.||Manually renew bastion hosts|
When you manually renew your bastion host, you can extend its expiration date but cannot modify its configurations. You can manually renew your bastion host at any time before it is automatically released. The new billing cycle starts from the original expiration date.
- One month, three months, six months, or nine months
- One year, two years, three years, or five years
|Method||Available renewal duration|
|On the buy page||You cannot specify the renewal duration. The auto-renewal duration is set by the system
based on the subscription duration of your bastion host.
Note On the buy page, you can select one month, three months, six months, one year, two years, or three years for the subscription duration.
|On the Renewal page||You can select one month, two months, three months, six months, one year, two years, or three years for the renewal duration.|
- If you manually renew your bastion host before the auto-renewal payment is deducted, the auto-renewal operation is not performed during the current billing cycle.
- Auto-renewal takes effect the next day after you enable it. Coupons can be used for auto-renewal.
- The billing cycle and the date for the first auto-renewal attempt are calculated based on the expiration date of your bastion host.
- The auto-renewal cycle depends on the renewal duration that you specified. For example, if you select one year, your bastion host is automatically renewed for one year each time before the bastion host expires.
- If the payment deduction for auto-renewal fails, the system reminds you of the failure by text message and email. To prevent your bastion host from being stopped, promptly respond to the reminder.
- Nine days before your bastion host expires, the system attempts to deduct the fees for the first time. If the subscription duration of your bastion host is one week, the system automatically deducts the fees on the day when the bastion host is created.
- If automatic payment deduction fails on the first attempt, the system continues to
deduct fees once every day until the deduction succeeds or your bastion host expires.
Note If your bastion host fails to be automatically renewed due to insufficient account balance but you top up your account after the bastion host expires, the bastion host is not automatically renewed. In this case, you must manually renew your bastion host before it is automatically released.
- Auto-renewal is triggered at 08:00:00 (UTC+8) on the renewal day. The system performs auto-renewal in succession on all bastion hosts that are about to expire, which indicates that the actual renewal time can be anytime between 08:00:00 (UTC+8) and 18:00:00 (UTC+8) on the renewal day. If your bastion host is about to expire the next day, we recommend that you manually renew the bastion host.