This topic describes how to remove an ECS instance from the Protected state. After an ECS instance is removed from the Protected state, Auto Scaling continues to manage the lifecycle of the ECS instance.
- Log on to the Auto Scaling console.
- In the left-side navigation pane, click Scaling Groups.
- In the top navigation bar, select a region.
- Find the target scaling group and use one of the following methods to open the details
page of the scaling group:
- Click the ID of the scaling group in the Scaling Group Name/ID column.
- Click Manage in the Actions column.
- In the left-side navigation pane, click ECS Instances.
- Select the source of an ECS instance.
- To select an automatically created ECS instance, click the Auto Created tab.
- To select a manually added ECS instance, click the Manually Added tab.
- Use one of the following methods to remove one or more ECS instances from the Protected
- Find the ECS instance that you want to remove from the Protected state and click Remove from Protected in the Actions column.
- Select multiple ECS instances that you want to remove from the Protected state and click Remove from Protected in the lower part of the ECS Instances page.
- In the message that appears, click OK.