This topic describes how to delete a scaling configuration that you no longer need to maintain a sufficient quota.
Before you delete a scaling configuration, make sure that the following conditions are met:
- The scaling configuration is in the Inactive state.
- The scaling group does not contain ECS instances that are created based on the scaling configuration.
- Log on to the Auto Scaling console.
- In the top navigation bar, select a region.
- Find a scaling group and go to the details page of the scaling group. You can use
one of the following methods to go to the details page:
- Click the ID of the scaling group in the Scaling Group Name/ID column.
- Click Details in the Actions column of the scaling group.
- In the upper part of the page, click the Instance Configuration Sources tab.
- Click the Scaling Configurations tab.
- Find the scaling configuration that you want to delete and click Delete in the Actions column.
- In the message that appears, click OK.