This topic describes how to change trigger rules for an event-triggered task. You can add multiple trigger rules to an event-triggered task. You can also remove all trigger rules from an event-triggered task.
When you create an event-triggered task, you can specify only one trigger rule for the event-triggered task. The trigger rule must belong to the scaling group that is monitored by the event-triggered task. For more information, see Create an event-triggered task.
After you create an event-triggered task, you can add multiple trigger rules to the task. The trigger rules can belong to different scaling groups that reside in the same region. Auto Scaling can scale relevant scaling groups based on the monitoring result of a single event-triggered task. If you want to use an event-triggered task to monitor a scaling group without the need to trigger scaling activities, you can remove all trigger rules from the event-triggered task.
- Log on to the Auto Scaling console.
- In the left-side navigation pane, choose .
- In the top navigation bar, select a region.
- Select the monitoring type.
- To select a system monitoring task, click the System Monitoring tab.
- To select a custom monitoring task, click the Custom Monitoring tab.
- Find the event-triggered task and click Edit Trigger Rule in the Actions column.
- Add or delete trigger rules.
- In the message that appears, click OK.