This topic describes how to use the live URL generator.
- A streaming domain is added. For more information, see Add a domain name.
- (Optional) An ingest domain is added and bound to the streaming domain. This is required
if you need to obtain ingest URLs. For more information, see Add a domain name and Bind an ingest domain to a streaming domain.
Note If you need only to pull streams, the ingest domain is not required.
(Optional) A transcoding template is configured. This is required if you need to obtain streaming URLs for transcoded streams. For more information, see Transcoding management.
- The live URL generator can be used to generate ingest URLs and streaming URLs. You can generate a streaming URL for original quality streams or transcoded streams. You must configure a transcoding template before you can generate a streaming URL for transcoded streams.
- A streaming URL can be used by ApsaraVideo Player SDK or third-party software, such as VLC, to play the stream. A streaming URL for transcoded streams can meet the requirements of various clients and network environments.
- An ingest URL can be used by Push SDK or third-party software, such as Open Broadcaster Software (OBS), to ingest the stream.
- Log on to the ApsaraVideo Live console.
- In the left-side navigation pane, choose .
- Configure the parameters described in the following table.
Parameter Description Streaming Domain Select a streaming domain from the Streaming Domain drop-down list. Authentication Type By default, Type A is used and the validity period is 30 minutes.Note For more information about how to change the validity period, see Configure URL signing. Ingest Domain
- If an associated ingest domain exists, the ingest domain is automatically selected. If no associated ingest domain exists, you need to bind an ingest domain to the specified streaming domain.
- If you need only to pull streams, leave this parameter empty.
Application Name Enter the name of the application in the Application Name field.Note The name can be up to 256 characters in length and can contain digits, letters, hyphens (-), underscores (_), and equal signs (=). Stream Name Enter the name of the stream in the Stream Name field.Note The name can be up to 256 characters in length and can contain digits, letters, hyphens (-), underscores (_), and equal signs (=). Transcoding Template Select the Transcoding Template that you have configured. If you do not specify this parameter, the default value Original Quality is used. Generate URLs Click Generate URLs to generate ingest and streaming URLs.Note
- ApsaraVideo Live determines whether a stream is unique based on the stream name instead of the application name. If you specify a unique application name, you must also specify a unique stream name to ensure that the stream is unique. If you want applications with different application names under a domain name to ingest the same stream, you must enable the application isolation feature. To enable this feature, submit a ticket.
- If an ingest domain is bound to the specified streaming domain, ingest URLs are generated.
- If you do not select a transcoding template, streaming URLs for the original quality stream are generated. If you select a transcoding template, streaming URLs for the transcoded stream are generated.