The quota management feature of ApsaraVideo Live is integrated with Quota Center. You can apply for quotas for your ApsaraVideo Live service and query the quotas and quota usage in the Quota Center console. You can also create quota alert rules. This topic describes how to manage quotas of ApsaraVideo Live.
Quota Center allows you to perform centralized management of quotas of your Alibaba Cloud services. This section describes the features and benefits of Quota Center.
- Quota query: allows you to query the quotas of services, query whether you can apply for quota increases, and query the upper limit on quota increases.
- Quota applications: allows you to submit applications and query the progress of each application.
- Quota alerts: allows you to configure quota alert rules based on percentage values or absolute values. Quota alerts notify you of quota status at the earliest opportunity. This way, you can adjust quotas based on your business requirements.
- All-in-one: Quota Center provides a set of quota management features.
- Transparent: Quota Center displays the default quotas on services and quotas after increases.
- Automated: Quota Center supports quota alerts, which can notify you of quota status at the earliest opportunity.
- Efficient: Quota Center allows you to submit applications, which are more efficient than tickets.
- If you want to expand your business and the quota that you want to apply for exceeds the limits described in the Limits topic, you must submit an application. Alibaba Cloud reviews your application and increases the quota based on your business requirements. For more information, see Submit an application to increase a quota.
- You can perform operations in Quota Center by using your Alibaba Cloud account or as a RAM user. If you log on to Quota Center as a RAM user, you must grant permissions to the RAM user in advance. For more information, see Authorize a RAM User.
- The quota for live streams indicates the maximum number of streams that can be concurrently ingested or pulled. The quota for stream transcoding indicates the maximum number of streams that can be concurrently transcoded. If your business is expected to grow beyond the quotas, you can apply for quota increases. You must provide detailed information in the application, including the scenarios, required data processing capacity, and the time when the new quotas take effect.
- If the traffic for ingesting streams in the upstream and playing live videos in the downstream is distributed based on a ratio that is greater than 1:50, the upstream traffic and the downstream traffic are unbalanced. In this case, you are charged for the upstream traffic. You can submit a ticket or contact business staff to apply for quota increases.
- When you apply for increasing the quota on transcoding streams, you must configure a transcoding template or specify the transcoding information in the description, such as the resolution and definition for transcoding.
- If the specified quantity exceeds the upper limit of Quota Center, you can submit a ticket or contact business staff to submit an application for quota increases.
- Log on to the Quota Center console.
- In the left-side navigation pane, choose .
- On the Products with General Quotas page, select Media Service & CDN from the Category drop-down list.
- Click ApsaraVideo for Live to go to the quota management page. Then, you can perform the following operations:
- Query the quotas of ApsaraVideo Live and the details of the quotas. For more information, see Query the quota dimensions supported by a cloud service and view dimension details.
- Click Apply in the Actions column to apply for a quota increase. For more information, see Submit an application to increase a quota.
- Click Application Records in the Actions column to query application records. For more information, see Submit an application to increase a quota.
- Click Create Alert in the Actions column to configure quota alert rules. For more information, see Create a quota alert.
- Click the More icon and select View Alerts in the Actions column to view quota alerts. For more information, see Query quota alerts and view alert details.