This topic describes how to implement fast-loading full-screen by using ApsaraVideo Player.
- Set the first frame of a video as the thumbnail.
- Preload a video.
- You can implement fast-loading full-screen only for Android and iOS devices by using ApsaraVideo Player.
- You can use these methods to shorten the average startup loading time to about 300 milliseconds in a Wi-Fi environment.
Set the first frame as the thumbnail
- Integrate ApsaraVideo Player SDK.
- Set the thumbnail of a video in the ApsaraVideo VOD console. For more information, see Set the video thumbnail.
- Use ApsaraVideo Player to play the video.
Before the video is played, its thumbnail is displayed. After you set the first frame as the thumbnail, users are convinced that the playback starts when they see the thumbnail.
- Only a video image is requested when a user seeks to a specified position.
- The preloaded video image is displayed before the system completes the seek operation.
Preload a video
ApsaraVideo Player SDK supports video preload, which is an upgrade of the play-and-cache feature. The video preload feature allows you to specify the maximum size of memory that can be occupied by cached videos. This helps reduce the startup loading duration.
- You can preload only one MP4, MP3, FLV, or HLS file at a time.
- You can preload only one file that is played based on the URL. You cannot preload VidAuth or VidSts sources.
- For more information about how to implement the video preload feature by using ApsaraVideo Player SDK for Android, see Advanced features.
- For more information about how to implement the video preload feature by using ApsaraVideo Player SDK for iOS, see Advanced features.
Optional: Enable refresh/prefetch
You can enable refresh/prefetch to facilitate video preload. This improves the performance of fast-loading full-screen by further reducing the startup loading time.
- Log on to the ApsaraVideo VOD console.
- In the left-side navigation pane of the ApsaraVideo VOD console, find Configuration Management.
- Choose to go to the Refresh and Push page.
- Set the Operation parameter to Push and enter the URL of the video that you want to prefetch.