To prevent service interruptions caused by expired subscriptions, we recommend that you manually renew an instance or enable auto-renewal for the instance before the instance expires. The renewal feature is applicable only to subscription instances. Pay-as-you-go instances do not need to be renewed, but you must make sure that you have sufficient balance within your account to cover relevant costs.
ApsaraDB for Redis supports two renewal methods.
- Auto-renewal (recommended)
To prevent your instance from being automatically released if you forget to renew the instance, we recommend that you enable auto-renewal.After you enable auto-renewal, the instance is automatically renewed before the expiration date. Make sure that your account balance is sufficient. If an auto-renewal attempt fails seven days before the expiration date, you are notified by text message or email.Note If an auto-renewal attempt fails due to insufficient account balance, the instance expires and the system will not initiate another auto-renewal attempt. In this case, you must manually renew the instance before the instance is automatically released.
- Manual renewal
You can manually renew an instance at a point in time before the instance expires.
Enable auto-renewal for an instance
- Log on to the ApsaraDB for Redis console and go to the Instances page. In the top navigation bar, select the region in which the instance is deployed. Then, find the instance and click its ID.
- Click Modify next to Auto-Renew.
- In the Auto-Renew panel, turn on Auto-Renew, read the notes, and then select a duration. Note After you enable auto-renewal, the system automatically renews the instance based on your specified renewal duration. For example, if you set the renewal duration to three months, you are charged for a subscription of three months each time the instance is automatically renewed.
- Click Enable Automatic Renewal.
Manually renew an instance
- Log on to the ApsaraDB for Redis console and go to the Instances page. In the top navigation bar, select the region in which the instance is deployed.
- Find the instance that you want to renew and click Renew in the Actions column. Note To renew multiple instances at a time, you can choose Renewal page, select multiple instances and click Batch Renew.in the upper part of the page. On the
- On the Renew page, select a renewal duration.
- Read and select ApsaraDB for KVStore(Redis) Terms of Service and then click Pay.
- Pay for the order.
Related API operations
|ModifyInstanceAutoRenewalAttribute||Enables or disables auto-renewal for an ApsaraDB for Redis instance.|
|DescribeInstanceAutoRenewalAttribute||Queries the auto-renewal state of an ApsaraDB for Redis instance.|