ApsaraDB for Redis allows you to create multiple database accounts for an instance. You can grant these accounts different permissions, such as the read-only, read/write, and replication permissions. This helps you flexibly manage instances and minimize user errors for data security.
You can create a maximum of 20 accounts for an ApsaraDB for Redis instance.
- Log on to the ApsaraDB for Redis console and go to the Instances page. In the top navigation bar, select the region in which the instance is deployed. Then, find the instance and click its ID.
- In the left-side navigation pane, click Account Management. Note If your instance runs Redis 4.0 or later and does not support the Account Management feature, you can update the minor version of the instance. For more information, see Update the minor version.
- Click Create in the upper-right corner of the page.
- In the panel that appears, configure the parameters that are described in the following
Parameter Description Account The account name. It must meet the following requirements:
- The name can contain lowercase letters, digits, and hyphens (-) and must start with a lowercase letter.
- The name can be up to 35 characters in length.
- The name cannot be one of the reserved words in the Reserved words for account names section.
Privilege The permissions that are granted to the account. Valid values:
- Read-only: The account has only permissions to read data and is not allowed to modify data.
- Read/Write: The account has permissions to read and write data.
- Copy: The account has permissions to read data, write data, and run the SYNC and PSYNC
Note Only standard instances allow you to create accounts that have the Copy permissions.
Password Settings The password of the account. It must meet the following requirements:
- The password must contain at least three of the following character types: uppercase
letters, lowercase letters, digits, and special characters. Special characters include
- The password must be 8 to 32 characters in length.
Confirm Password Enter the password again. Description (optional) The description of the account. It must meet the following requirements:
- The description must start with a letter and cannot start with http:// or https://.
- The description can contain letters, digits, underscores (_), and hyphens (-).
- The description must be 2 to 256 characters in length.
- Click OK. The new account is in the Creating state. After about 1 minute, the state of the account changes to Available.
- Optional: Perform the following operations based on your business requirements to manage the
- Reset the password
Find the account and click Reset Password in the Actions column. In the panel that appears, reset the password and click OK.
- Modify permissions
Find the account and click Modify Privilege in the Actions column. In the panel that appears, select the required permissions and click OK.
- Modify the description
Find the account and click Edit Description in the Actions column. In the panel that appears, modify the description and click OK.
- Delete an account
Find the account and choose Actions column. In the panel that appears, click OK.in the
- Reset the password
Q: Why does an account already exist after an instance is created?
A: A default account whose name is the instance ID is automatically created after an instance is created to ensure data security. The password of this account has been specified when you create the instance. The password can be reset if you forget it.
Reserved words for account names
When you create an account, the account name cannot be one of the following reserved words. The reserved words are separated by commas (,) in the following table.
Related API operations
|CreateAccount||Creates an account that has the specified permissions for an ApsaraDB for Redis instance.|
|GrantAccountPrivilege||Modifies the permissions of an account for an ApsaraDB for Redis instance.|
|ModifyAccountDescription||Modifies the description of an account for an ApsaraDB for Redis instance.|
|ModifyAccountPassword||Changes the password of a specified account for an ApsaraDB for Redis instance.|
|DeleteAccount||Deletes a specified account for an ApsaraDB for Redis instance.|