This topic describes how to log on to an ApsaraDB RDS for PostgreSQL instance by using Data Management (DMS).
Use the new DMS console to log on to an RDS instance
- Log on to the new DMS console.
- In the left-side navigation pane, select the RDS instance and click Please login first. Note If the RDS instance uses the Security Collaboration control mode, you need only to click Logon-free instances and double-click the instance. You do not need to enter a username or a password.
- In the dialog box that appears, enter the username and password of the account that is used for the logon and click OK.
- In the left-side navigation pane, click Logged in instances and double-click the RDS instance to switch to the RDS instance.
Use the original DMS console to log on to an RDS instance
Note If you have upgraded DMS to the new version, we recommend that you use the new DMS console to log on to an RDS instance.
- Visit the RDS instance list, select a region above, and click the target instance ID.
- In the upper-right corner of the page, click Log On to Database to open the RDS Database Logon page. Note Alibaba Cloud directs you to the original or new DMS console based on your logon history.
- Configure the following parameters.
Parameter Description Endpoint:Port number The endpoint and port number that are used to log on to the RDS instance. The endpoint and port number are in the
<Endpoint>:<Port number>format. Example: rm-bpxxxxxxx.rds.aliyuncs.com:3433. For more information about how to view the endpoint and port number of the RDS instance, see View and change the internal and public endpoints and port numbers of an ApsaraDB RDS for PostgreSQL instance.
Databases Username The username of the account that is used to log on to the RDS instance. Password The password of the preceding account.
- Click Log On.
Note If you want the browser to save the password, select Remember Password before you click Log On.
- If the system prompts you to add the CIDR block that contains the IP address of the DMS server to an IP address whitelist of the RDS instance, click Specify for All Instances or Specify for Current Instance.
- After the CIDR block is added, click Log On.