After you enable the read/write splitting feature of ApsaraDB RDS for SQL Server, you can modify the read weight of each RDS instance based on your business requirements.
- Visit the RDS instance list, select a region above, and click the target instance ID.
- In the left-side navigation pane, click Cluster management.
- On the page that appears, click Set Read-only Routing Endpoint.
Parameter Description Read Weight Distribution The method to assign read weights. A higher read weight indicates more read requests to process. For example, if a primary RDS instance has three read-only RDS instances whose read weights are 100, 200, and 200, the three read-only RDS instances process read requests at the 1:2:2 ratio.
Note If you delete a read-only RDS instance, its read weight is also removed, but the read weights of other RDS instances remain unchanged.
- Automatic Distribution: ApsaraDB RDS assigns a read weight to each read-only RDS instance based on the instance specifications. After you create a read-only RDS instance, ApsaraDB RDS assigns a read weight to the instance and adds the instance to the read/write splitting link. No manual operations are required. For more information, see Default read weights.
- Customized Distribution: You must manually specify a read weight for each RDS instance. Valid values: 0 to 10000. After you create a read-only RDS instance, the read weight of the instance is 0 by default. You must manually specify a new read weight for the instance.