This topic describes how to configure automatic storage expansion for an ApsaraDB RDS for MySQL instance.
- The RDS instance runs the RDS High-availability Edition with standard SSDs or enhanced SSDs (ESSDs).
- The balance in your Alibaba Cloud account is sufficient for automatic storage expansion.
- The RDS instance is in the Running state.
You can use one of the following methods to configure automatic storage expansion:
- Configure automatic storage expansion when you create an RDS instance. For more information, see Create an ApsaraDB RDS for MySQL instance.
- Configure automatic storage expansion after an RDS instance is created. The following procedure shows how to configure automatic storage expansion after an RDS instance is created.
- Visit the RDS instance list, select a region above, and click the target instance ID.
- In the Usage Statistics section of the page that appears, click Settings to the right of Automatic Storage Expansion.
- Configure the following parameters.
Parameter Description Automatic Resource Scalability The switch that is used to enable or disable automatic storage expansion. Available Storage Threshold<= The threshold based on which ApsaraDB RDS triggers an automatic storage expansion activity. The threshold is expressed as a percentage. If the storage usage reaches the threshold, ApsaraDB RDS increases the storage capacity of the RDS instance.Note The maximum amount of storage that you can add is the largest value among the following three values:
- 5 GB.
- 15% of the current storage capacity of the RDS instance.
- The value of the Disk Space metric over the previous 7 hours. You can obtain the value of this metric from the Standard Monitoring tab. For more information, see View the resource, engine, and deployment metrics of an ApsaraDB RDS for MySQL instance.
Maximum Storage The maximum storage capacity that is allowed by automatic storage expansion. Valid values: 30 to 32000. Unit: GB. The value of this parameter must be greater than or equal to the current storage capacity of the RDS instance.
- Click Confirm.
|ModifyDasInstanceConfig||Configures automatic storage expansion for an ApsaraDB RDS instance.|