ApsaraDB MyBase provides subscription storage plans to help you reduce storage costs.
A storage plan is a resource plan billed on a subscription basis that can help you reduce storage costs. A storage plan can be used to offset the storage costs of pay-as-you-go instances that use enhanced SSDs (ESSDs) and reside in the same region as the storage plan. Compared with pay-as-you-go instances that use ESSDs and do not have storage plans, the instances that have storage plans are more cost-effective and can use storage resources in a more flexible manner.
In ApsaraDB MyBase, if you need to purchase storage resources for your database instances that use ESSDs, you can select storage plans when you create these database instances.
Storage plans support the following specifications: 500 GB, 1 TB, 2 TB, 3 TB, 5 TB, 10 TB, 12 TB, 16 TB, 20 TB, 30 TB, 50 TB, and 100 TB. These storage plans can be used to offset the storage costs of various types of database instances.
Storage plans are billed on a subscription basis. For more information, see Storage capacity units.
If the amount of the storage that is used exceeds the capacity of your storage plan, you are charged for additional storage resources on a pay-as-you-go basis. For example, assume that you purchase a 1 TB storage plan and have three database instances. The storage capacities of these database instances are 300 GB, 400 GB, and 500 GB. You can use the storage plan to offset 1 TB of the total amount of storage that is used by your database instances. Then, you are charged for the additional 200 GB based on the pay-as-you-go billing method. You can perform the following operations to view the usage of your storage plan:
- Log on to the Billing Management console.
- In the left-side navigation pane, choose . On the page that appears, click the Details tab to view the usage of your storage plan.
- Storage plans can be used to offset the storage costs of only instances within the same region as the storage plans.
- Storage plans can be used to offset the storage costs of only pay-as-you-go instances.
- Storage plans can be used to offset the storage costs of only ApsaraDB MyBase instances
that use ESSDs.
Note ApsaraDB MyBase provides ESSDs of the following performance levels: PL1, PL2, and PL3. An ESSD with a higher performance level provides better storage performance.
- Storage plans cannot be purchased or managed by calling API operations.
- Storage plans cannot be downgraded.
A storage plan takes effect on the hour when you purchase the plan and expires at 00:00:00 the day after the expiration date. After a storage plan takes effect, the storage plan is used to offset the storage costs of your pay-as-you-go instances before the storage plan expires.
Purchase a storage plan
- Log on to the ApsaraDB MyBase console and go to the storage plan buy page.
- Configure the parameters described in the following table.
Parameter Description Region The region in which the storage plan takes effect. Storage Plan Specification The specifications of the storage plan. Subscription Duration The subscription duration of the storage plan.
- Click Buy Now and complete the payment. Note You can purchase multiple storage plans.