||An ApsaraDB MyBase for SQL Server instance of the Basic Edition is a standalone instance
that decouples computing and storage. This edition is cost-effective.
- Provides high reliability. Computing is decoupled from storage. Failures on compute
nodes do not cause data loss.
- Reduces costs. The number of nodes in an instance is decreased to reduce costs.
- Individual use
- Development environments and testing environments for small-sized enterprises and
||This edition uses a primary/secondary architecture to ensure high availability and
is suitable for more than 80% of business scenarios.
- Provides high availability. If a primary node fails and you cannot access the primary
node, the secondary node automatically serves as the new primary node.
- Provides comprehensive features. An ApsaraDB MyBase for SQL Server instance of the
High-availability Edition provides comprehensive features, such as auto scaling, backup
and restoration, performance optimization, read/write splitting, and SQL Explorer.
The SQL Explorer feature allows you to store the log entries of all executed SQL statements
for up to five years. This way, you can trace database access records and ensure the
security of important data.
- Production databases for large-sized enterprises and medium-sized enterprises
- Databases used in industries such as the Internet, IoT, e-commerce, logistics, and
|Cluster Edition (Always On)
||An ApsaraDB MyBase for SQL Server instance of the Cluster Edition (Always On) is built
on top of the Always On availability groups feature and decouples computing from storage.
By default, the Cluster Edition (Always On) uses an architecture that has one primary
instance and one secondary instance. You can enable read/write splitting for an ApsaraDB
MyBase for SQL Server instance of the Cluster Edition (Always On). If you want to
split read and write requests, apply for a read/write splitting endpoint. You can
also increase the number of read-only instances based on your business requirements.
This helps improve the read performance of the ApsaraDB MyBase for SQL Server instance
of the Cluster Edition (Always On).
- Supports scale-out operations to improve the read performance of a cluster. An ApsaraDB
MyBase for SQL Server instance of the Cluster Edition (Always On) allows you to create
a read-only instance. The specifications of a read-only instance can differ from those
of the corresponding primary instance. You can specify higher specifications for a
read-only instance than those of the corresponding primary instance to improve read
- Allows you to manage costs in a flexible manner. You can purchase read-only instances
based on the number of read requests of your business to obtain optimal system configuration
and manage costs.
- Allows a secondary instance to serve as a read-only instance. After you enable read/write
splitting for a primary ApsaraDB MyBase for SQL Server instance of the Cluster Edition
(Always On), the corresponding secondary instance serves as a read-only instance by
default. This helps reduce the costs that are required to migrate your data to Alibaba
Cloud because you save the costs of one read-only instance.
|Production databases for large-sized enterprises and medium-sized enterprises, such
as online retailers, automobile companies, and enterprise resource planning (ERP)