Before you use the features of ApsaraDB MyBase, create at least one host in your dedicated cluster and create an instance on the host.
For more information about the host specifications and host prices of ApsaraDB MyBase for PostgreSQL, see Host specifications and pricing.
- Log on to the ApsaraDB MyBase console.
- In the upper-left corner of the page, select a region.
- In the left-side navigation pane, click Hosts. On the Hosts page, click Add Host.
- Configure the parameters that are listed in the following table.
Parameter Description Product Type Click Dedicated Cluster.Note When you create an instance on one host that uses an enhanced SSD (ESSD) or on multiple hosts of which each uses an ESSD, you must pay for the storage space allocated to the instance. This is because you need to pay only for compute resources when you purchase the host that uses an ESSD or the hosts of which each uses an ESSD. A storage plan supports the subscription billing method. A storage plan can help you reduce storage costs. You can use a storage plan to offset the storage costs of pay-as-you-go instances deployed in the region where the storage plan is purchased. Region The region where you want to deploy the host or hosts. By default, the region that you selected in Step 2 is used. Zone The zone where you want to deploy the host or hosts. We recommend that you create hosts in different zones to improve availability. Database Engine The database engine that you want to select for the host or hosts. Click PostgreSQL. Dedicated Cluster The dedicated cluster in which you want to create the host or hosts.Note
- If no dedicated clusters that run the specified database engine are available in the specified region,Dedicated Cluster Created by Default is selected by default. In this case, the system creates a dedicated cluster for the host or hosts that you want to create.
- If dedicated clusters that run the specified database engine are available in the specified region, you can select one of the dedicated clusters based on your business requirements.
VPC The virtual private cloud (VPC) in which the dedicated cluster is deployed.Note
- If a manually created dedicated cluster is selected, the system selects the VPC where the dedicated cluster is created.
- If Create a new exclusive cluster by default is selected, the following rules apply:
- If one or more VPCs exist in the specified region, you can select one of the VPCs.
- You can also select Create a proprietary network by default. This way, the system creates a VPC for the dedicated cluster.
vSwitch The vSwitch to which the host is connected or the hosts are connected.Note
- If a vSwitch created in the specified zone already exists in the specified VPC, the system selects the vSwitch.
- If no vSwitch created in the specified zone exists in the specified VPC, you can log on to the VPC console and create a vSwitch in the specified zone. The vSwitch must be located in the specified VPC.
- If you select the dedicated cluster and VPC that are created by the system, the system creates a vSwitch.
Authorization If this is the first time that you create an ApsaraDB MyBase host, click Authorize Now. On the Cloud Resource Access Authorization page, click Confirm Authorization Policy in the lower-left corner of the page to grant permissions on security groups.Notice After you grant permissions, the AliyunRDSDedicatedHostGroupRole role is displayed on the Roles page in the RAM console. If you want to use ApsaraDB MyBase dedicated clusters, retain this role. If this role is deleted, you must grant the permissions again to perform related operations. Host Image The OS image type of the host or hosts. By default, AliLinux is used. Storage Type The storage type of the host or hosts. Enhanced SSD (ESSD) is supported. Host Instance Type The instance family of the host or hosts. The following instance families are available:
Note For more information, see Instance types of hosts.
- ECS Bare Metal
Quantity The number of hosts that you want to create. To deploy an ApsaraDB MyBase for PostgreSQL instance of the High-availability Edition, you must create at least two hosts for the instance. Duration The subscription period of the host or hosts. You can select Auto-renewal to prevent the host from being released upon expiration. If you select Auto-renewal and forget to renew the subscription to the host or hosts before the subscription period elapses, the system renews the subscription to the host or hosts based on the specified subscription period. For example, if you specify a subscription period of three months, the system renews the subscription to the host or hosts at an interval of three months.
- Click Buy Now. On the Confirm Order page, select I have read and agree to ApsaraDB Dedicated Cluster Host (Subscription) Agreement of Service and click Pay to complete the payment.