Before you can use the features of ApsaraDB MyBase, you must create a dedicated cluster in ApsaraDB MyBase.
For more information about ApsaraDB MyBase for MySQL, see Overview.
- Each dedicated cluster in ApsaraDB MyBase can be deployed only in one region.
- A dedicated cluster in ApsaraDB MyBase can be deployed only in one virtual private cloud (VPC).
- When you perform the Create Dedicated Cluster operation, the overcommit metrics are set to the default values and cannot be modified.
You can modify the overcommit metrics after you create a dedicated cluster. For more
information, see Configure resource overcommitment to reduce costs. By default, the following overcommit metric values are assigned for ApsaraDB MyBase
- CPU Overcommit Ratio: 200%
- Storage Overcommit Ratio: 100%
- Maximum Memory Usage: 100%
- Log on to the ApsaraDB MyBase console.
- In the upper-left corner of the page, select the region where you want to create a dedicated cluster.
- On the Clusters page, click Create Dedicated Cluster.
- In the Create Dedicated Cluster panel, configure the following parameters.
Parameter Description Engine
The database engine of the dedicated cluster. Select MySQL.
Architecture The edition of the dedicated cluster. It is automatically set to High-availability Edition. High-availability Edition: This edition provides one primary instance and one secondary instance. You can create up to seven read-only instances on demand. The data of the primary instance is synchronized to the secondary instance. If the primary instance fails, workloads of the primary instance are automatically switched over to the secondary instance.Note Both local SSDs and enhanced SSDs (ESSDs) are supported for High-availability Edition. Dedicated Cluster Name The name of the dedicated cluster. VPC The VPC in which the dedicated cluster is deployed. If you need to create a VPC, log on to the VPC console.Note After a dedicated cluster is created, you cannot change the VPC. Proceed with caution. Resource Allocation Policy The default policy that is used to schedule resources in the dedicated cluster.
- Balanced Allocation: The system preferentially creates database instances on the hosts that have the smallest load. This maximizes system stability.
- Compact Allocation: The system preferentially creates database instances on the hosts that are created earlier than the other hosts and have fewer resources than the other hosts in the dedicated cluster. This maximizes resource utilization.
Host Troubleshooting Policy The policy based on which the system handles host failures.
- Automatic Host Replacement: The system automatically replaces the faulty hosts.
- If a faulty host uses ESSDs, the host is automatically replaced after the computing resources on the ESSDs are migrated to another host.
- If a faulty host uses local SSDs, the host is replaced only after all instances are removed from the host.
- Manual Host Replacement: You must manually replace the faulty hosts.
Grant OS Permissions Specifies whether to enable the feature that allows you to have permissions on the host operating system (OS). If you enable this feature for a dedicated cluster that runs the MySQL database engine, you can log on to the hosts in the dedicated cluster to perform operations such as uploads, downloads, and installation of software.Note After you create a dedicated cluster, you cannot change Grant OS Permissions. Proceed with caution.
- The first time you create a dedicated cluster in ApsaraDB MyBase, you must perform
The first time you create an ApsaraDB MyBase dedicated cluster, the following message appears in the lower part of the panel. You must grant permissions on elastic network interfaces (ENIs) and security groups of Elastic Compute Service (ECS). Click Authorize Now. On the Cloud Resource Access Authorization page, click Confirm Authorization Policy.Note After you grant permissions, the AliyunRDSDedicatedHostGroupRole role is displayed on the Roles page in the RAM console. If you want to use ApsaraDB MyBase dedicated clusters, retain this role. If this role is deleted, you must grant the permissions again to create a dedicated cluster.
- Click OK.