If you no longer need the audit log feature, you can timely disable this feature to reduce costs. This topic describes how to disable the audit log feature.
The audit log feature is enabled. For more information, see Enable the audit log feature.
- Log on to the ApsaraDB for MongoDB console.
- In the upper-left corner of the page, select the resource group and region to which the instance belongs.
- In the left-side navigation pane, click Replica Set Instances or Sharded Cluster Instances based on the instance type.
- Click the ID of an instance, or click in the Actions column corresponding to the instance and select Manage.
- In the left-side navigation pane of the instance details page, choose .
- In the upper-right corner, click Service Settings.
- In the Instance Settings section of the Service Settings panel, turn off Audit Logs. Note After the audit log feature is disabled, audit logs of the ApsaraDB for MongoDB instance are not uploaded. Existing audit logs are not affected and are deleted after they expire.
- Click OK.
Related API operations
|DescribeAuditPolicy||Checks whether the audit log feature is enabled for an ApsaraDB for MongoDB instance.|
|ModifyAuditPolicy||Enables the audit log feature for an ApsaraDB for MongoDB instance and sets a retention period for audit logs, or disables the audit log feature for an ApsaraDB for MongoDB instance.|