Before you use AnalyticDB for PostgreSQL, you must create an AnalyticDB for PostgreSQL instance. This topic describes how to create an AnalyticDB for PostgreSQL instance in Serverless mode.
- An Alibaba Cloud account is created. If you do not have an Alibaba Cloud account, visit the Alibaba Cloud official website to create an account.
- The AliyunGPDBFullAccess policy of AnalyticDB for PostgreSQL is attached to the Alibaba Cloud account or a RAM user. For more information about authorization, see Grant permissions to a RAM user.
- Log on to the AnalyticDB for PostgreSQL console.
- In the upper-right corner, click Create Instance to go to the buy page.
- The first time you create an AnalyticDB for PostgreSQL instance, you must create a service-linked role. In the Create Service Linked Role dialog box, click OK. For more information about service-linked roles, see Service linked role.
- On the buy page, configure the parameters described in the following table.
Parameter Description Product Type The billing method of the instance. Select Subscription or Pay-as-you-go. Region and Zone The region and zone where the instance resides. Select a region close to your location and then select a zone.
In this example, China (Hangzhou) and Hangzhou Zone I are used.
For information about the regions and zones available for AnalyticDB for PostgreSQL in Serverless mode, see Scope.
Network Type The network type of the instance. It is automatically set to VPC. VPC and VSwitch The virtual private cloud (VPC) in which the instance resides and the vSwitch to which the instance is connected. Select a VPC and a vSwitch.
If no VPCs and vSwitches are available in the zone, you can go to the VPC console to create a VPC and a vSwitch. Then, return to the buy page of AnalyticDB for PostgreSQL and click the icon to refresh the page.
Instance Resource Type The resource type of the instance. Select Serverless. Edition The edition of the instance. Select High-availability. Compute Node Specifications The specifications of compute nodes. Select 4 Cores, 16 GB. Nodes The number of compute nodes. Select 2.
- Click Buy Now.
- On the Confirm Order page, confirm the information in the Parameters section, read and select Terms of Service, and then click Activate Now.
- Click Console to go to the Instances page.
For information about how to create an AnalyticDB for PostgreSQL instance in elastic storage mode or view the relevant parameters, see Create an AnalyticDB for PostgreSQL instance.