This topic describes how to configure disk encryption for an AnalyticDB for PostgreSQL instance in elastic storage mode. The disk encryption feature encrypts the data on each data disk of your AnalyticDB for PostgreSQL instance by using Elastic Block Storage (EBS). This way, your data cannot be cracked even if your data is leaked.
- Static data on disks.
- Data transmitted between disks and instances. Data is not encrypted again within the instance operating system.
- All snapshots created from encrypted disks. Such snapshots are encrypted snapshots.
- You can enable disk encryption only when your AnalyticDB for PostgreSQL instance is being created. After your instance is created, you cannot enable disk encryption.
- You must select Enhanced SSD or Ultra Disk storage type for your instance when you create the instance.
- Disk encryption cannot be disabled after it is enabled.
- After you enable disk encryption for your instance, both the snapshots generated by the instance and the new instances created from those snapshots are automatically encrypted.
- Disk encryption does not interrupt your business and you do not need to modify your application.
The disk encryption feature is free of charge for AnalyticDB for PostgreSQL instances. You do not need to pay additional fees for the read/write operations you perform on encrypted disks.
For information about key hosting fees and API operation call fees, see Billing.
- Set Instance Resource Type to Elastic Storage Mode.
- Set Storage Type to Enhanced SSD or Ultra Disk.
- Set Encryption Type to Disk Encryption.
- Select a key that is used for encryption. If no key is created, you must activate
Key Management Service (KMS) and create a key.
Disk encryption supports only keys that are manually created. When you create keys, you must select Disable from the Rotation Period drop-down list. For more information, see Create a CMK.
- If you authorize the instance to access KMS, ActionTrail records the action. For more information, see Use ActionTrail to record KMS events.
- Click Buy Now to configure disk encryption for the instance.