AnalyticDB for MySQL is a cloud native enterprise-class data warehousing service that integrates database and big data technologies. AnalyticDB for MySQL supports high-throughput data addition, deletion, and modification in real time, low-latency real-time analysis, and complex extract, transform, and load (ETL) operations. AnalyticDB for MySQL is compatible with upstream and downstream ecosystem tools and can be used to build enterprise-class report systems, data warehouses, and data service engines.
Editions of AnalyticDB for MySQL V3.0
- Elastic mode for Cluster Edition
- The elastic mode for Cluster Edition separates computing resources from storage resources. It provides multiple features such as on-demand scaling, tiered storage of hot and cold data, and resource group isolation. The elastic mode for Cluster Edition is ideal for scenarios where real-time data warehouses are built by writing large amounts of data in real time and performing complex extract-transform-load (ETL) computing. You can also use the elastic mode for Cluster Edition to implement complex queries on large amounts of data, historical data analysis, and log analysis.
- Reserved mode for Cluster Edition
- The reserved mode for Cluster Edition provides high-performance specifications. Data can be written in real time and query response times are short. This edition is applicable to scenarios such as query acceleration, user profiling, interactive reports, and real-time data services. This edition supports high-throughput real-time data writes and high-concurrency online queries.
For more information, see Editions.
AnalyticDB for MySQL is a cloud native enterprise-class data warehousing service that integrates database and big data technologies. AnalyticDB for MySQL has the following benefits over other data warehouses or big data platforms in the industry:
- Cloud native elasticity
- AnalyticDB for MySQL uses a cloud native technical architecture to separate storage from computing and allows computing and storage resources to be dynamically scaled on demand. This minimizes costs and resolves bottlenecks in computing and storage resources caused by business growth and fluctuations.
- High performance
- AnalyticDB for MySQL uses the new-generation ultra-large-scale massively parallel processing (MPP) and directed acyclic graph (DAG) fusion engine. It uses the row-and-column hybrid storage technology, automatic indexing, and intelligent optimizer to query and compute large amounts of data within milliseconds or seconds. Complex SQL queries are 10 times faster than those in traditional relational databases. AnalyticDB for MySQL supports real-time data writes on an ultra-large scale in compliance with the Raft consensus protocol. For scenarios that require high concurrency and throughput, you can scale out clusters. For example, the disk space can be increased from gigabytes to hundreds of petabytes. Clusters can be scaled out to process tens of millions transactions per second.
- Ease of use
- AnalyticDB for MySQL is highly compatible with MySQL protocols and the SQL:92, SQL:99, and SQL:2003 standards and supports standard SQL statements, common BI tools, and extract, transform, and load (ETL) tool platforms. AnalyticDB for MySQL is designed to simplify real-time digitalized operations for enterprises.
- High cost-effectiveness
- AnalyticDB for MySQL supports features such as online scaling of computing resources, time-specific elasticity, and tiered storage of cold and hot data. AnalyticDB for MySQL charges you based on the actual amount of storage space occupied, which greatly reduces storage costs. AnalyticDB for MySQL supports the pay-as-you-go and subscription billing methods. You can use a billing method that suits your needs.
- High availability and reliability
- AnalyticDB for MySQL can automatically detect faults, remove and rebuild replicas, and restore services within seconds with an availability higher than 99.95%. It stores data in three replicas and backs up full and incremental data on a regular basis. It can provide you with the data reliability that is required in the finance industry.
AnalyticDB for MySQL provides ETL operations, real-time online analysis, core reports, dashboards, and monitoring capabilities for tens of thousands of enterprises. It provides stable offline and online data services for businesses and consumers.
- Real-time data warehousing
This scenario requires a unified platform for online query and offline computing to simplify the data architecture and reduce development and O&M costs. This scenario supports a more reasonable resource ratio by using Auto Scaling to reduce the amount of retained resources during off-peak hours, optimize costs, and improve cost-effectiveness.
- Precision marketing
In this scenario, the growth, activity, and retention of users in different channels are monitored by using real-time statistics. This allows enterprises to analyze the return on investment (ROI) in a quick manner, improves the data timeliness of marketing effects, improves product experience, optimizes marketing plans, and increases the overall revenue.
- BI reporting
This scenario requires support for real-time warehousing and computing of large amounts of data, return of results within milliseconds or seconds, and convenient and flexible creation of reports. A wide range of visual BI tools can be used to help developers use BI reports to lower the threshold for digital construction of enterprises.
- Multi-source joint analysis
In this scenario, data synchronization links must be configured for enterprises to build data warehouses on the cloud and complex data analysis that arises from sharding must be solved so that you can focus more on the business logic.
- Interactive query
This scenario requires support for real-time BI reports and custom multi-dimensional queries with smooth responses and optimal interactive experience. Analysis dimensions can be chosen without the need of modeling and computing in advance, which facilitates exploratory analysis.
For more information, see Scenarios.
If you are new to AnalyticDB for MySQL, we recommend that you read the following topics to walk through the entire procedure for using this service.
- For information about customer success stories of AnalyticDB for MySQL, see Customer cases.
- For information about features of AnalyticDB for MySQL, see Features.
- For information about terms of AnalyticDB for MySQL, see Terms.
- For information about limits of AnalyticDB for MySQL to ensure stability and security, see Limits.