This topic describes how to install TPC-DS tools.
Before you perform a performance test, you must install TPC-DS tools.
Note TPC-DS is a decision support benchmark developed by the Transaction Processing Performance Council (TPC). For more information, visit the TPC-DS official website.
- Visit the TPC-DS official website. In the top navigation bar, choose Downloads > Download Programs and Specifications.
- Click the download link of the TPC-DS tool set. The registration page appears. Note Make sure that you specify the correct email address to receive the download link of the TPC-DS tools.
- Obtain the download link in your email and download the installation package.
- Rename the installation package as
- Decompress the installation package and go to the
toolsdirectory to compile the tools.
# unzip tpc-ds-tool.zip # cd v2.13.0rc1/tools/ # make # ls -l drwxr-xr-x 2 root root 4096 January 21 11:47 answer_sets -rw-r--r-- 1 root root 17809 April 29 2020 EULA.txt drwxr-xr-x 2 root root 4096 January 21 10:47 query_templates drwxr-xr-x 2 root root 4096 May 12 2020 query_variants drwxr-xr-x 2 root root 4096 May 12 2020 specification drwxr-xr-x 2 root root 4096 May 12 2020 tests drwxr-xr-x 7 root root 20480 January 21 21:40 toolsYou can obtain the file that contains table creation statements in the following