This topic describes how to create a database account for an AnalyticDB for MySQL cluster and explains the differences between privileged accounts and standard accounts.
AnalyticDB for MySQL supports two types of database accounts: privileged and standard. The following table describes the differences between privileged accounts and standard accounts.
Create a privileged account
- Log on to the AnalyticDB for MySQL console.
- In the upper-left corner of the page, select the region where the cluster resides.
- In the left-side navigation pane, click Clusters.
- On the Data Warehouse Edition (V3.0) tab, click the target Cluster ID.
- In the left-side navigation pane, click Accounts.
- In the upper-right corner of the Accounts page, click Create Privileged Account .
- In the Create Privileged Account panel, configure the following parameters.
Parameter Description Account The name of the privileged account. The name must meet the following requirements:
- It must be 2 to 16 characters in length.
- The name must start with a lowercase letter and end with a lowercase letter or a digit.
- It can contain lowercase letters, digits, and underscores (_).
Account Type Set the account type to Privileged Account. Password The password of the privileged account. The password must meet the following requirements:
- The password must be 8 to 32 characters in length
- It must contain at least three of the following character types: uppercase letters, lowercase letters, digits, and special characters.
- Special characters include
! @ # $ % ^ & * ( ) _ + - =.
Confirm Password Enter the password of the privileged account again. Description Optional. The description that is used to identify the account for future management.
- Click OK.