Alibaba Cloud SSL Certificates Service supports the RSA, ECC, and SM2 encryption algorithms. This topic describes the encryption algorithms that are supported by different certificate brands.
- RSA: The RSA algorithm is an asymmetric algorithm that is widely used and provides high compatibility.
- ECC: The ECC algorithm is a public key encryption algorithm based on elliptic curves. Compared with the RSA algorithm, the ECC algorithm is more advanced and secure. The ECC algorithm provides faster encryption and higher efficiency at lower server resource consumption. The ECC algorithm is promoted among mainstream browsers.
- SM2: The SM2 algorithm is developed and approved by the State Cryptography Administration of China based on the ECC algorithm. The SM2 algorithm is used to replace the RSA algorithm in Chinese commercial cryptography systems.
- Tick (√): indicates that the encryption algorithm type is supported by the brand.
- Cross (×): indicates that the encryption algorithm type is not supported by the brand.
|Certificate brand||Certificate type||RSA||ECC||SM2|