SSL certificates are used to encrypt the data that is transmitted between websites and clients. This helps prevent data from being tampered with or leaked. Alibaba Cloud provides various brands and types of certificates. You can purchase SSL certificates based on your business requirements. This topic describes how to purchase SSL certificates in the Certificate Management Service console.
- Go to the SSL Certificates Service buy page.
- Select specifications for the certificate that you want to purchase based on your
Parameter Description Brand Select a certificate brand for the certificate. The certificate brand is the CA that issues certificates to you.
For more information about certificate brands, see Supported certificate brands.
Certificate Specifications Select a certificate type for the certificate.
For more information about certificate types, see Supported certificate types.
Certificate Type Select the type of the domain names that you want to bind to your certificate. Valid values:
- Wildcard Domain: If you select this value, you can bind a wildcard domain name to a certificate.
For example, if you bind
*.aliyundoc.comto a certificate, the system matches domain names such as
a.b.aliyundoc.comcannot be matched.
- Single Domain: If you select this value, you can bind a single domain name to a certificate. Example:
- Multiple Domains: If you select this value, you can bind multiple single domain names to a certificate at a time.
Domain Names This parameter is required only if you set Certificate Type to Multiple Domains. Select the number of domain names that you want to bind to a certificate. Quantity Specify the number of certificates that you want to purchase. The default value is 1 and cannot be changed. If you want to purchase multiple certificates, configure the Service Duration parameter. For example, if you set Service Duration to 2 Years, two certificates are provided. Each certificate has a validity period of one year. Service Duration Select the validity period of the certificate service. Valid values:
- 1 Year: You can use the certificate service for one year. The service provides a certificate whose validity period is one year. The default validity period of a certificate is one year. After the certificate expires, you must place a new order.
- 2 Years: You can use the certificate service for two years. The certificate service provides
two certificates and a hosting quota of 1. Each certificate has a validity period
of one year.
For more information about the certificate hosting feature, see Overview.
- 3 Years: You can use the certificate service for three years. The certificate service provides three certificates and a hosting quota of 2. Each certificate has a validity period of one year.
- Wildcard Domain: If you select this value, you can bind a wildcard domain name to a certificate. For example, if you bind
- Click Buy Now and complete the payment. After you complete the payment, you can view the certificate that you purchased on the Manage Orders page of SSL Certificates Service console. You can use the tag feature to add a tag to an order. To add a tag, find the order and click the icon.
If the certificate quota of the certificate is not consumed within a specific period after the payment is complete, you can request a refund for the certificate. For more information about refund conditions and methods, join the DingTalk group numbered 32435999 to contact technical experts.
What to do next
You can use the purchased certificate to submit a certificate application to the CA. After the application is approved, the CA issues the certificate to you.
For more information about how to apply for a certificate, see Submit a certificate application.